Face lather
Yaqi Katana SE
Permasharp SE
Alum
Thayer's
Liz Earle after shave moisturiser

Bliss...what a razor!

View attachment 63206

The Yaqi Katana SE is a superb razor... I'm smitten with mine... Wonderfully smooth and efficient.
[/QUOTE]
Yup. Razor of the year, thus far for me (come to think of it, last year too).

Thu 14th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Dorco Prime Platinum 2nd & last!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Good lather from the soap. Really nice scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes except during the atg pass on chin and lips area for a dfs to ccs result. It was skippy & tuggy but fortunately did not suffer any nicks nor weepers. This is the best area to determine blade quality. This blade not so good for me. Will be ditched. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210113_233317.jpg
20210114_082852.jpg

20210113_195027.jpg
SOTD 14th Jan Vintage Month
Brush - Yaqi Sadrada Familia - as ever!
Soap - B&M Reserve Lavender - slick, smooth and soothing
Razor - 1976 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip - super smooth and mild. Ideal daily driver.
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword #4 - really good match with razor.
Post - Barts Balm Lavender - top quality

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your shaves

SOTD : 14th January 2021.

28.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega Midget.
Face Lather.
Soap : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette ~ 'NOS 94' Super Silver Platinum. (4)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ASL./Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to end my shaving week in style.

The Gillette 'NOS 94' blade has performed wonderfully with each of my shaves....I normally retire a blade after 4-5 max, but the 'NOS 94' i will use again in future shave as it's still got plenty of life within it...Finishing the shave with a small dollop of Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday's Shave

Soap: Laugar Älvdans
Brush: 25mm Edwin Jagger Synthetic
Razor: Tanifuji 935
EDT: Chanel Pour Monsieur

First outing with the Laugar soap and I have to say the first impression was perfect , the scent is beautiful and subtle , the soap is a nice medium firm consistency lathers easily and produced a wonderful slick lather with the perfect amount of cushion, I maybe ran it just a touch dry but it was still extremely good. I dispensed with the Balm and Splash as a friend recommended I experience the post shave as it is meant to be and the results are exceptional it has lest my skin nicely moisturised and feeling great.

I will update more as I try it and the other one I have in the coming days and getting it dialled right in. @Blackmass as you asked me about it.

20210114_080907 2.jpg

Thursday's Shave

Soap: Laugar Älvdans
Brush: 25mm Edwin Jagger Synthetic
Razor: Tanifuji 935
EDT: Chanel Pour Monsieur

First outing with the Laugar soap and I have to say the first impression was perfect , the scent is beautiful and subtle , the soap is a nice medium firm consistency lathers easily and produced a wonderful slick lather with the perfect amount of cushion, I maybe ran it just a touch dry but it was still extremely good. I dispensed with the Balm and Splash as a friend recommended I experience the post shave as it is meant to be and the results are exceptional it has lest my skin nicely moisturised and feeling great.

I will update more as I try it and the other one I have in the coming days and getting it dialled right in. @Blackmass as you asked me about it.

View attachment 63237

Thanks for the tag and the feedback.(y)
Not the news I wanted to hear. I need a new soap like a hole in the head! Laffin! :LOL: #facepalm I'll get some ordered soon, cheers Russell.

14/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #14
Pre: Shower
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: Schick Amber Handle E3 1935-45
Blade: Personna Injector (11)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk 2 (6) Thurs.JPG

The Signature soap performed brilliantly as usual to give a wonderfully scented, slick, thick, lather.
3 Passes for a very close comfortable BBS finish, all finished off with a nice post shave routine.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom