Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

Sat 9th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4 (Setting 9-7-7)
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
A very good scent from the soap. The performance was satisfactory...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good but somehow less efficient. Nicely smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for between dfs to ccs result. Super post & aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20210109_120413.jpg

SOTD : 9th January 2021.

25.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade : Gillette ~ 'NOS 94' Super Silver Platinum. (1)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Quorum ASL./Morrisons ~ Fresh Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

(Vintage DE Week.)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

I haven't gave my vintage DE razors a run out for a while. Starting the weekend of in style with my 1940's flat bottom tech paired together with the Gillette NOS 94 blades which i have infrequently used made a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient, vintage duo.

A very comfortable shave 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...The vintage Gillette 'NOS 94' SSP blade performance was brilliant slicing through my stubble with effortless ease...Finishing the shave off with small dollop of Morrisons ~ Fresh Aloe Moisture Lotion.

My face & feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Firefighter
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Today's shave:

rdt2101090bjix.jpg

- Mitchell's Wool Fat
- Semogue 2015 HD
- Fat Handle Gold Tech with Feather blade
- Prince Classic aftershave

:)

IMG_20210108_103833_9~9.jpg
IMG_20210108_105330_9~3.jpg
Shave of the day 9th January 2021.

Razor - Karve SS C
Blade - Polsilver Stainless - Lodz Poland
Soap - Eufros - Rosa -Oud - Tallow
Brush - Synthetic from Steven Jagger
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Floris of London - A Rose For..... EdP

A good smooth shave was had, the lovely Synthetic brush was made by our very own Steven Jagger - @Steven_Jagger , the handle is out of this world, lovely warm rich colours and very comfortable in the hand, perfect! It easily whipped up a luxurious lather from the equally wonderful Shave soap from Manuel Garcia Ferrer who is world famous for his Eufros soaps, this one being the Rosa-oud.
The stainless steel Karve Razor from Christopher Bradley of Karve Shaving in Canada was paired with an old favourite of mine the Polsilver Stainless from the old factory in Lodz Poland and this pairing works so well for me.
You could say it was the perfect shave!
A splash of Thayer's Astringent as an aftershave and I was done.
Although in lockdown and the chances are I will not see anyone today will not put me off from wearing a little EdP from Floris of London and smelling great, this one is a lovely Rose scent called " A Rose For......"
Well, for me of course! :)
Take good care of yourselves and keep safe.
Until the next time.......

Paul.

Saturday 9th January

Cream - Castle Forbes Cedarwood & Sandalwood
Brush - Simpson Colonel
Razor - Feather Artist Club SS (& Feather ASD2)
Blade - Feather Pro Guard (& Personna Platinum)
Balm - TOBS Jermyn Street

Third time with the shavette & getting better. Two & a half passes & I was happy with everything other than my chin & a couple of concave areas of my neck, so finished off with the ASD2 for a supper smooth shave..

XT030295a.jpg

Saturday 9th January
RazoRock Plissoft - Hampshire Wool Fat - ENDGEM SPEED â„–2 by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #5 - Quorum A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
[IMG]

The 2 dot ENDGEM SPEED is a touch more aggressive than the 1dot, but still gave a super smooth shave.
I'm a big fan of 'scraping toast' audio from a razor. This didn't disappoint.

I'm also waiting for a ceramic relish bowl for this soap, thanks to the enablers.

Have a great day all!

09/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #09
Pre: Shower
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Cedarwood & Patchouli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood & Patchouli infused Argan Oil, Bart's Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm
Aftershave: Hugo Boss Bottled Night

Wk 2 (1) Sat.JPG

Another nice 2 pass shave routine and touch up this morning with the #2 Kropp of the pair, the edge on this razor is also holding well and is smooth as can be, i also think my improved overall technique is helping ie Shaving and stropping.
I find i use slightly less angle with the Kropp's, angling the blade a bit flatter to the face. This seems to smooth the shave out.
The JR291 Tuxedo knot is quite stiff and picks up the soap easily, today i bowl lathered and had enough for 4 passes, the HWF continues to impress.
Finishing Off with a nice post shave routine, result = DFS++ and a very happy shaver.
I may need to infuse an unscented Nivea Shave Balm to match this soap - i am smitten with the scent.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Day All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom