Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

Fri 15th SOTD with New US$1 Brush!
Soap
Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue Ohhh so soft is the knot yet great for face lathering. The handle is so comfortable!
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable (setting 3-2.5-2)
Blade Viking's Sword 4th and last!
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Excellent lather from the soap. Creamy and slick with a scent I just love.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes and again except atg on the chin and lips area. Did not push it and as a result, was between dfs/ccs/sas without any nicks weepers nor irritation. WFH so don't require a perfect result. The main thing is no blood and irritation. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210115_000603.jpg
20210115_093228.jpg

Z-2

Nivea - quality cosmetics from 1911.

20210115-065147.jpg

Razor : Gillette Tech ball end (G-1)
Blade : Wilkinson Sword (3)
Shaving brush : Semogue Torga C3 boar
Shaving cream : Nivea protect & care
Aftershave : Nivea sensitive balm​

Digimonkey

Supporter
Supporter
When I first started shaving I'd generally go for 3 passes and clean up

My experience too - I went from three - to two - and now - one pass - with no degradation in the quality of the result. The key for me was - properly understanding my beard growth - funny and odd razor angles that the videos tell you not to do. Any touch ups are done with the residual slickness from the soap - and the water in the basin - no need for any more soap. Works for me - there is nothing natural about dragging surgically sharp steel across your face - so - less is more for me. - I.

Friday 15th SOD
Warm shower then Proraso Red pre shave cream
Blade GSB #2
Razor Rockwell 6S R2 then R4 3 pass shave
Brush Semogue HD badger
Soap Proraso Red Sandlewood
AS Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Moisturiser Kiehl's Facial Fuel
Following yesterday's interogation by my family I have been told that I have more shaving gear (aka " cosmetics ") than a woman . I've therefore been encouraged to reduce my 5 soaps to 1 and reduce my blades from the current level ( enough for a year or so ) to a monthly supply. I have pointed out politely to the family that 37 or so perfumed candles which I discovered in a cupboard isnt exactly reasonable but am in a minority here so Im biding my time and retreating before I lose the entire battle.

Friday 15th SOD
Blade GSB #2
Brush Semogue HD badger
Following yesterday's interogation by my family I have been told that I have more shaving gear (aka " cosmetics ") than a woman . I've therefore been encouraged to reduce my 5 soaps to 1 and reduce my blades from the current level ( enough for a year or so ) to a monthly supply. I have pointed out politely to the family that 37 or so perfumed candles which I discovered in a cupboard isnt exactly reasonable but am in a minority here so Im biding my time and retreating before I lose the entire battle.
Don't stand for that - show them who's boss by procuring more shaving gear!

Friday 15th SOD
Blade GSB #2
Brush Semogue HD badger
Alternatively you can move to the Black Ops tactic - the drawer of shame!

Top Bottom