Friday 15th SOD
Warm shower then Proraso Red pre shave cream
Blade GSB #2
Razor Rockwell 6S R2 then R4 3 pass shave
Brush Semogue HD badger
Soap Proraso Red Sandlewood
AS Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Moisturiser Kiehl's Facial Fuel
Following yesterday's interogation by my family I have been told that I have more shaving gear (aka " cosmetics ") than a woman . I've therefore been encouraged to reduce my 5 soaps to 1 and reduce my blades from the current level ( enough for a year or so ) to a monthly supply. I have pointed out politely to the family that 37 or so perfumed candles which I discovered in a cupboard isnt exactly reasonable but am in a minority here so Im biding my time and retreating before I lose the entire battle.

Friday 15th SOD
Blade GSB #2
Brush Semogue HD badger
Following yesterday's interogation by my family I have been told that I have more shaving gear (aka " cosmetics ") than a woman . I've therefore been encouraged to reduce my 5 soaps to 1 and reduce my blades from the current level ( enough for a year or so ) to a monthly supply. I have pointed out politely to the family that 37 or so perfumed candles which I discovered in a cupboard isnt exactly reasonable but am in a minority here so Im biding my time and retreating before I lose the entire battle.
Don't stand for that - show them who's boss by procuring more shaving gear!

Friday 15th SOD
Blade GSB #2
Brush Semogue HD badger
Alternatively you can move to the Black Ops tactic - the drawer of shame!

Friday's Shave

Pre: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Laugar Skogsrå
Brush: 28mm Shavemac 2Bed Synthetic
Razor: Eiko Japanese Straight Razor
EDT: Fragrance Ireland Patrick

My experiment with just the post shave off the Laugar soap continues and I have to say it is out of this world !

View attachment 63262
Kindling as a prop for a sotd pic - nice. I.

Friday 15th January
Jayaruh 289 - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Ornate Triceratops - GEM SSC #8 - Old Spice original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
OJsU0g8.jpg

58C26E1F-1D01-4525-A214-D01E02E38487_1_201_a.jpeg

A wonderful lather from the Hampshire Wool Fat Unisex Shaving Soap https://rtantra7.wixsite.com/rtantrasoaps; a new soap to me, after reading the recent thread.. I purchased for about £3-£4 for a 70g puck from Dr Ratna Tantra's store on the bay (Ratan-8865). A tallow soap with a moisturising post shave, the lanolin I assume, and fragranced with cedarwood and patchouli essential oils. I found the scent relaxing and refreshing at the same time, if that is not an oxymoron!. In any event it is a steal for such a great performing soap with no bloody synthetic anything in it.

The Semogue 2020 LE Boar is coming along nicely giving a great face feel. A beautiful handle to hold and to look at, but being objective, Omega boar knots still hit the spot better for me.

I have not tried new DE blades for years but I have been comparing and contrasting two of Lord's blades (after reading some more enablers on yet another thread!), the Silver Star and Asco with their venerable standard the Shark SS. I suspected all of Lord's PTFE coated stainless steel blades would be the same, but these three blades are different, each with their own characteristics. If you enjoy Shark SS, you will likely also enjoy the Silver Star (a smidgen sharper and with less blade than the Shark) and the Asco (not quite as sharp as the Shark but oh so mellow). I was so impressed with both blades that I purchased a shed load of each. So all in all some wonderful finds and a super feeling shave this morning.

I have not tried new DE blades for years but I have been comparing and contrasting two of Lord's blades (after reading some more enablers on yet another thread!), the Silver Star and Asco with their venerable standard the Shark SS. I suspected all of Lord's PTFE coated stainless steel blades would be the same, but these three blades are different, each with their own characteristics. If you enjoy Shark SS, you will likely also enjoy the Silver Star (a smidgen sharper and with less blade than the Shark) and the Asco (not quite as sharp as the Shark but oh so mellow). I was so impressed with both blades that I purchased a shed load of each. So all in all some wonderful finds and a super feeling shave this morning.

I've been having a run through the Lord catalogue over the last few weeks and likewise, I am finding all sorts of differences in the blades. I agree entirely, the Shark Super Stainless is a wonderful standard blade which gives a very connected shave. I found the Silver Star to be a lot sharper and give a shave akin to the PermaSharp Super! Great shaves! ASCO, like you, I find a nice mellow shave.

If you're enjoying your run through the Lord razors, do try the Lord Classic (green pack).

20210115_121251.jpg

SOTD 15th Jan Vintage month

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia- ever dependable
Soap - P&B Sanskrit - slick and creamy lather and my favourite scented soap bar none!
Razor - 1962 Gillette Slim adjustable setting 4,5 then 6 - Smooth as ever and very close finish reversing my usual settings order for the 3 passes.
Blade - Super Shave X #1 - first use of this blade and initial impressions are very good.
Post - L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap - great way to finish a very nice shave
Stay safe and enjoy your shaves

15/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #15
Pre: Shower
Brush: DS Cosmetics synth
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Valet VC1 Silver Tone
Blade: Despined GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm.
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk 2 (7) Fri.JPG
I enjoy using the Valet VC1 and today was no exception.
2 passes and touch up for a DFS++ finish.
Half way through the vintage month and really enjoying my shaves.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Today's Shave

Rex Envoy
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
ESC Rubberset 400 Tribute Synthetic Brush
Proraso Pre Shave white
Proraso Shaving Soap white
Proraso After shave Blam white

Results BSS WTG

A low dexterity day for me......result...A weeper on the chin during shaving and a slightly bent Bergeon spring bar tool :mad:

Enjoy your day gentlemen

Back
Top Bottom