Saturday 09th January to Friday 15th January 2021

13/1/21

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Gillette 7 Yellow
Post - Cien Aqua
AS - Brut Oceans

First real shave for a while, as over the last few months (since October) I'd grown a beard and the only shaves I had in this time were below the jaw/cheekbones.

Has anyone here had a beard before? To begin with, it's really itchy then it grows out and is less itchy for a few weeks then the itchyness really returns with a vengeance, requiring combing, shampooing and so on but it gets to a point where I literally couldn't having the mass of hair on my face any longer and hacked it off.

The first stage required using scissors, and the clippers on grade 1; crikey the hair gets everywhere, I did that yesterday. The second stage I undertook today, I managed to get a pretty good result with 3 passes. I'm very impressed with the Gillette New OC, much more efficient than my other vintage Gillettes and was very smooth paired with the sharp 7 Yellow.

Feels good to be fully clean shaven after months.

Have a good day gents.

Good evening all

Brush- Dcosmetics Badger
Soap- TOBS Grapefruit
Razor- Rockwell 6S R2 and then R4
Blade- GSB #3
Post- Barts Grapefruit and Pink Pepper ASL

So those that are crazy enough to read my inane ramblings might know that I've been reversing the norm on my adjustable shaves by starting on a lower setting WTG and then going higher on the ATG and XTG passes.
This has been working for me excellently and I'm now getting my closest shaves with this little method of madness.
Stay safe everyone and have a great evening.

6F56D7F1-905F-4B7C-9AF3-02EBC530F825.jpeg

Wednesday 13th January

ACtC-3ePx3nWrX0cqsjjPFd0szWqABopztiB3M0tCOBL9R5K-NCKYuY3fQ6ttA43ieVafcSe7H28gqsRZT2G8RdVR_n-HX6EbwWi_cZ48Dz__gwWuxYVgP4MS4CpyqsH75iNWQttIDp7TdXpUbdJ-3E2-C9Drw=w800

Gillette New Standard 1328024 Patent Anniversary 13/01/1920

Wash with French Pink Clay & Charcoal soap
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 Gothic Revival & RazoRock 400 (Limited Edition) w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
Shave with Gillette 1920s New Improved & Gillette London Bridge Super Stainless (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & Wickham's Gothic Revival Aftershave​

Good evening all

Brush- Dcosmetics Badger
Soap- TOBS Grapefruit
Razor- Rockwell 6S R2 and then R4
Blade- GSB #3
Post- Barts Grapefruit and Pink Pepper ASL

So those that are crazy enough to read my inane ramblings might know that I've been reversing the norm on my adjustable shaves by starting on a lower setting WTG and then going higher on the ATG and XTG passes.
This has been working for me excellently and I'm now getting my closest shaves with this little method of madness.
Stay safe everyone and have a great evening.

View attachment 63221
I must try the R2 followed by R4 plate to see of it works for me too. Thanks for posting this.

LPL Cèdre et Patchouli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Yaqi Katana SE
Permasharp SE
Alum
Thayer's
Liz Earle after shave moisturiser

Bliss...what a razor!

View attachment 63206

The Yaqi Katana SE is a superb razor... I'm smitten with mine... Wonderfully smooth and efficient.
[/QUOTE]
Yup. Razor of the year, thus far for me (come to think of it, last year too).

Thu 14th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Dorco Prime Platinum 2nd & last!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Good lather from the soap. Really nice scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes except during the atg pass on chin and lips area for a dfs to ccs result. It was skippy & tuggy but fortunately did not suffer any nicks nor weepers. This is the best area to determine blade quality. This blade not so good for me. Will be ditched. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9/10
20210113_233317.jpg
20210114_082852.jpg

Top Bottom