Santa Maria Novella

Hi all,
I have just recently discovered SMN and have to say hugely impressed. I bought the shave cream crema da barba and it has quickly become my favourite cream and I am pretty much using it exclusively at the moment. Lather is the thickest and best I have ever used and nicely scented with a hint of tobacco leaf. It also surprised me in that there is a mild menthol feel as well. At £47 inc postage it’s not cheap however you get a heck of a lot of cream - 7.4oz I reckon a daily shaver like myself will get 8-9 months from it so from a value proposition pretty good.
Alongside the cream I received a free sample of their new Iris edp. Wow that is beautiful and one day I hope to buy a bottle however at £210 for 100ml it’s a bit out of my reach at the moment.
Just wondering if anyone has used these or any other SMN products and what they thought?

...Just wondering if anyone has used these or any other SMN products and what they thought?

Their shaving cream is overpriced & overrated IMO.

Since you are new I would merely add that spending a lot of money will not make your shaves better. It might make you feel better, but really has little to do with how well your shave is.

I do like the RazoRock version though.
Yes but your Mrs doesn't like the scent of the splash - that's why you sold it to me. :)

@DHSR41 - As above, RR SMdF aftershave is nice to use and quite persistent for a splash - not as long lived as Extro Tobacco which, for me, also leaves a better skin feel. It is a bit oily going on - you need to shake it well - and wash your hands afterwards. Both are good in their own way.

- I.

Yes but your Mrs doesn't like the scent of the splash - that's why you sold it to me. :)

@DHSR41 - As above, RR SMdF aftershave is nice to use and quite persistent for a splash - not as long lived as Extro Tobacco which, for me, also leaves a better skin feel. It is a bit oily going on - you need to shake it well - and wash your hands afterwards. Both are good in their own way.

- I.
Haha - yes, I forgot about that. SMdF is a scent that's only to be enjoyed in the bathroom in my house.

The Emulsione Analcolica followed by the Crema Pre/Dopa Barba are absolutely indispensible parts my routine. The Crema is far and away the best after shave cream I have ever used. It also serves brilliantly as a pre-shave (that's the 'Pre' bit in its name), but at circa £40 a tube, I mostly limit myself to using it post-shave.

Favourite fragrances - Tabacco Toscano, Patchouli (totally full-on!) and, for the summer, Vagnilia (smells like ice cream).

I'm lucky enough to live quite close to Piccadilly, so I often visit to their shop there. Always a pleasant indulgence, even if you don't buy anything.

If you find yourself in Florence, a visit to Maria Officina Profumo Farmaceutica of Santa Novella is MUST!

Back
Top Bottom