Sanding

So can I hand sand this to fit in here for travel without ruining it? its my spare back up brush, Its just I will be away from home for a little over a week from LA, Germany,Japan. And at all time's I must look my best :D I do have a travel kit that I brought of a member on here but it does not have a travel brush and the next brush I will buy will be one of Fido's new ones (when he makes them) also should I take a tried and tested razor or just a pack down travel one? I will only be taken carry on as I can take 15kg B/Class this means no waiting baggage collection, so I will have to get blades as I land and then either chuck them before departing to next stop or post home unless anyone has any better ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 277
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 273
I don't know about the sanding, sorry M8 ; however for myself I'd just buy a cheap Wilkinsons brush @ a Supermarket & I wouldn't take any razor I would be upset at losing. But then, I tend to expect the worst............

JohnnyO. (Treat yourself to some Jade East in L.A. & have a bit of nostalgia for me ! Enjoy !) :cool:

I'd strongly advise against it - I've been making brushes for years, and the amount you'd have to remove looks quite significant. You would need to really either mount the brush handle in a lather and sand, or spend hours hand sanding and end up with a very rough looking brush.

I use an empty toilet roll to protect my brush when travelling, maybe you should try that?

The shaving shack sells a travel tube that's meant to fit most brushes. I travel alot and am getting this so I can use my normal brushes.

I'm interested to see what you think of the wee scot - I made myself a tiny brush in best badger and actually found it much better than my large silvertip brush. In fact it's become my daily use brush.

I'll have to wait a little as my bank card has to be replaced and I was going to order from B&H the other day when they had there sale on and got to the check out when I could not find my card turns out my wife left it at the supermarket so informed the bank who will send a new one out :roll:

Back
Top Bottom