Sainsburys Dorco Blades

In looking to try new blades from my local area I picked up a pack of Sainsburys blades it said made in south Korea on the packet. I opened the pack up to have a look and was expecting some plain blades in white wrappers but to my suprise the wrappers were white and orange strips with korean stainless steel Dorco.
I have not had a chance to use them so what do you guys think about them. I planning to do a Dorco blade try out where my futur, flare tip rocket and shavette will have dorco blades this gives me an idea as to see if they work.

I think they are the Dorco 301s. Not bad, but the Tesco, Asda, Boots, Morrisons etc. blades are similar to the Red IPs and a bit better.

Urban Hermit said:
I used one for the first time the other day; Orange & white Wrapper (301?). It worked OK for me.

I'm sure they are unless someone knows different. If they work stick with them. ;)

I'd prefer the personnna blades from the other supermarkets - if I didn't have my blade stash to choose from. :oops:

I'd love to able to get useable DE blades in a local supermarket, but it's unlikely that Feathers or Iridiums will make an appearence, and Gillette Swedes.........sigh.

Ian

I have just cleaned and reloaded my rocket, Futur and my shavette with dorco blades the first thing I have noticed about them is that the corners of the blade are more rounded then my personna blades. This is a good thing because it should reduce the chance of nicks and cuts with the shavette.

I've had a few shaves with them now using my Futur and shavette. They are not the most comfortable blades I've used they felt harsh while shaving but the end results we ok and I did not get any irritation I have not used them in the rocket yet but I suspect it will be more of the same.
So at the moment I'll view them as a last resort blade there good but not that good.

I have now tried these blades in all my razors and although I get good end results they are very uncomfortable to shave with to the point that they do not feel as sharp as my supermax or personna blades. the tug quite alot.

I will not buy them again unless I have no other choice.

Big.Dave said:
I have now tried these blades in all my razors and although I get good end results they are very uncomfortable to shave with to the point that they do not feel as sharp as my supermax or personna blades. the tug quite alot.

I will not buy them again unless I have no other choice.
I've bought what I believe are the same blades branded as Superdrug. They too have the Dorco packaging. I found them to be adequate - decent shave, not much irritation, but blunt after two shaves.
These would be the Dorco 301s as the older 300s (now discontinued I believe) are awful - tugging, grating, will never use again.

hunnymonster said:
NotTheStig said:
... the older 300s (now discontinued I believe) are awful - tugging, grating, will never use again.

Sadly the ST-300 are still out there, they may have stopped making them but not before they had a 2 million year supply on hand.
I have 4 left myself. Currently using one to scrape limescale off my bathroom taps.
I thought the packaging looked good despite reading bad things but I want to try as many blades as I can. Must have tried about 25 or so by now and the only ones that were worse for me were Derbys (extreme soreness and nicks) and Laser Platinums from Wilkinson (same but 10 times worse).

I'll probably not bother with these Sainsbury's blades. Wish they sold KAI or Astras instead!

Back
Top Bottom