S.O.T.D. Wed. 27th June 2012

Greetings

May I introduce you to my cheapskate shave of the day (actually shave of yesterday)

Prep: A shower.

Soap: Arko milled into a small pot.

Brush: I think it is a Lijun boar, purchased from a chemist shop in Maine USA six years ago for 5 USD as I had forgotten to pack a brush!

Razor: Merkur open comb head, Muhle heavy handle, hybrid/frakenrazor.

Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge (yellow packet)

Aftershave: Nivea sensitive balm, half price in Tesco (£3.00)

A wonderful shave from inexpensive products, I actually like Arko and am very happy with its smell; I think it smells of citronella. It might even keep the mosquitoes at bay now the weather has at last warmed up!

The cheap boar brush remained in my travel bag for several years and was stiff and unyielding and all of a sudden as if by magic whilst using it on a holiday the ends split and the knot bloomed! I now actually quite like it!

Regards
Dick.
[attachment=5025]

Attachments

• Copy of DSC03391.JPG
    Copy of DSC03391.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 53
'On the cheap' you can go back 80 or 90 yrs and use your classic Listerine as your Aftershave. That will add to the savings by having a double use item.
Finding a good 'Camp' soap that can also be used for Shaving , Bathing , and Shampoo is another savings.
Always look for Products that will take care of at least 2 basic needs.

chrisbell said:
Hi Dick - it might be better in future if you could post this in the main "SOTD" thread for the current week - after all, if we all had separate threads for our SOTD, the forum would be full.

I do apologise and now looking back at the headings I see what you mean.

I will get the hang of it; it only took me one and a quarter hours to work out why I could not see the image in 'preview post'.

Regads
Dick

Back
Top Bottom