S.O.T.D. w/c Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd August 2013

muhle r89
7 o'clock yellow
muhle silvertip fibre
stirling scots pine shave soap
clubman classic vanilla AS

a decent enough, unnecessary, quickie. still trying to get my head around the scent of this soap, a good performer but i may start using one of the other scents ive got by stirling.

Saturday:

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Rimei with EJ DE89 handle
Blade: Super Max SS (1)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Sage and Jasmin
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Pierre Cardin pour Homme

Excellent shave. I liked the slightly heavier feel to the shave that the EJ handle on the Rimei head gave. The shave itself was comfortable, irritation-free, and an accidental BBS.

I'm using your template Rob

-----------------

Prep: DR Harris Soap, Somersets shave oil and then Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Vulfix 6000
Shave soap: Geo F Trumper Coconut puck
A/S: Alcolado Glacial
Cologne: Penhaligons Sartorial

Gillette Toggle
Vintage Eversharp blade
Butterscotch Beehive Finest
T&H Limes
L'oreal post shave
Thayers A/S

3rd shave in with the Toggle and im really impressed with it and apart from a tiny weeper around an old scar 2 passes and results are fantastic...

Good Sunday morning everyone!

Just finished my 4th week of daily DE shaving, today was the day I finally got that angle and pressure absolutely perfect - my first perfect, baby smooth shave. Great start to a beautiful warm sunny Sunday.

After about a 3 day growth, I did a 3 pass to start my day - WTG, XTG (ear to nose), normally I would do another XTG nose to ear, but decided to ATG today, and as something different I reapplied the Proraso before the 3rd pass.

Prep: Hot shower, rinse, Proraso Pre Shave Green
Razor: Merkur 33c
Blade: Brand new Feather
Brush: Vulfix 1000A
Shave soap: ToBS Jermyn St for Sensitive Skin
A/S: Warm rinse, Cold rinse and Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel

Cheers!

Greetings

Sunday 18th August 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A gentle but close shave.

Regards
Dick.

Sunday:

Ingram's cream
NF Tubby 2
Wilkinson Sword Empire SE razor
Wilkinson Sword blade
Barbershop Bay Rum

This morning I thought I'd give the Wilkinson Sword Empire a go. I bought it ages ago for about £5. It came in a set with the strop in good condition and even better had three of the original blades still sealed in their wax paper.

I got one of the blades out and gave it a good few goes on the strop, took a deep breath and went for the shave. The shave felt a little tuggy, certainly not as smooth as some modern blades but what can you expect, the blade must be nearly 80 years old. Overall it was a nice smooth shave, no nicks, no weepers.

I'm really glad I gave it a go. Plus it allows me to have a 100% English shave (except for the knot in the brush).

Sunday morning thought I would give the recently much neglected EJ 89 a spin.
Hot shower
EJ 89
Winn Dixie blade (3)
German Silver tip
Pecksniff's ASB.

As I have posted my go to has been my 37c Barberpole of late but just for a change this morning I used the above set up. Result a BBS. I feel that the EJ just needs a little more weight in the handle (Soon to be remedied see other posts) The head is a fine piece of craftsmanship and being a big chunky guy the EJ 89 is just a little too light for me, other that that it's hard to fault.

Kyoku Shave Cream
39c Slant
Refinery post shave.

Bit better than yesterday but only just.
Back to proper prep and shave cream and brush
Tomorrow.

Sunday 08-18-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - Earthling (1997).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLdEgI4O_8[/video]

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson de España silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Martin de Candre - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Korres - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

Sunday

Gillette face wash
Prep pre shave
Kent BK2 brush
Proraso cream
Gillette aristocrat #66
Sputnik blade (2)
Alum and witch hazel gel
Blue stratos after shave

Nice result blade got a little tubby towards the end not sure if its got a third shave in it!