S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st December 2016 to Friday 6th January 2017

Palmolive is better than most lets just say that.

+1 this^^

Third shave with the B-V3 last night. It's been a busy week and I also wanted to test the razors ability to deal with a few days growth (4 in this case). I took a walk on the wild side with the baseplate as I felt this would have the best chance of mowing through all the bum fluff. It ended up being a strange shave...

Loaded with the Schick blade on its third outing, I fancied giving the Fat another run out. It's been a few months! Simpsons Duke 3 and a bit of work and I had a decent lather. Nothing to write home about but it got the job done.

The shave started off reasonably well on the cheeks but as I moved to the top lip and chin the razor started to tug a bit. Not the most comfortable but it was still cutting. Neck was ok. End of first pass and it's actually pretty respectable. Second pass and the lather had thinned out a bit, but still just enough to get the job done. Elements of the second pass felt like it wasn't cutting at all, but the end result was actually a very good finish considering the journey to get there and the amount of growth. No irritation, no weepers, nothing at all bad to say about the finish. Impressed, but I wouldn't want to use this razor when I have a few days growth going forward, I have better options in my collection for that particular job!

Until the next (hopefully sooner) shave!

Bin it,most people do not like it at all. Weird as their Razorsare liked by many.

Great setup and picture.

Fri 6th Jan

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
OSP Bay Rum
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick NOS plat ( 10-Sweden )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Quorum A/S lotion

I am lucky to be one of those who gets on with both PAL razors, perhaps in my top 3 vintage injectors. Today by taking my time I attained a Shave that was as smooth and close as any I had with the modern SE Razors, I used earlier in the week. These were the Claymore,Supply, and the General.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk