S.O.T.D. Saturday 27th May to Friday 2nd June 2017

Razor / The General Aluminium
Blade / Schick proline (2)
Brush / Semogue owners club boar
Soap / Tabac
Post / Thayers cucumber , Aloe Vera Gel
A/S / Old Spice original

DFS achieved, smooth with no irritation

First time I've used Tabac (I know can't believe it myself )
the soap produced a superb lather and I like the scent.
My new Tabac stick was a gift from Paul, AKA (@Blademonkey)
Thanks Paul, very generous indeed !!

HAVE A GOOD DAY FELLAS

I'm pleased you like it Pat

Thanks @Digimonkey, this must be a recent thing I've overlooked. It's a great tallow based soap, great scent, and it's pink

Is it cold, or is it just me?

Someone (I'm looking at you @Useless shaver) put the idea in my head to have a brrrriliant shave today. Cold water, colder soap and the coldest a/s I own.

Started off with a recently-acquired Gillette Super-speed, but paired with a new blade (the brand escapes me) made for a pully, tuggy, uncomfortable beginning of a first pass. Regardless of angle, I just couldn't get it right. I cracked out the Futur copy, one of the titanium coated blades which came with it, chucked it on setting 4 and was away to go! Two passes later, I'm pretty smooth all round. The blade was surprisingly good in my eyes - obviously there's far sharper, smoother blades, but for someone starting out there's not a lot which can go wrong using one!

Finished up by using some of the remaining (bountiful) lather to coat my face and neck while I dried my Maseto and then hopped in a cold, cold shower. Dried up and splashed on a liberal quantity of Fine Snakebite which kicked me harder than a bucking mule...or two... I dabbed on a bit of Argan oil to give my skin a little nourishment after it's menthol bombardment!

Needless to say I'm feeling pretty chilly right now. Little bit of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (copy) has warmed me up considerably, however.

Brush: Omega 10015
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (2)
Soap: Figaro Black Special Edition
Post: Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel, Nivea 2 Phase & Duru Mandalina Cologne

A very nice shave today, have a broken hot water tap so a cold shave after a warm shower and what a lovely shave too. Minor micro abrasions under my chin but nothing I would deem a cut. Maybe the best lather with the Figaro was very nice and creamy. I love the scent, pure citrus. Lovely start to the week.

30/05/17

Pre - RSC Facial Wash
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - DE89
Blade - Nacet (3)
Post Shave - Alum & Witch Hazel
After Shave - RSC Balm

After reading @Digimonkey's post, I used Proraso Green for today's shave. Whenever I use Proraso Green, I always get a nice lather and have an enjoyable shave (as was today) but I've never really taken to it for whatever reasons but I can see myself using it more now the summer months are here.

First time using the RSC balm today, reminds me a lot of the Nivea one but at a fraction of the price.

My congratulations, sir!

Now, of course, I NEED to try that soap...

Tuesday 30th May
RazoRock Plissoft
D.R Harris Lavender stick (grated)
GEM Micromatic OC
GEM SSC #9
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser

Got this soap as a stick a while ago in a trade. Unfortunately the label surrounding it wasn't waterproof and disintegrated, the twist to open mechanism broke so grating was the only option. It has a fair scent, not as slick as I like and will go back in the drawer until next time. I love the open/close action of the Micromatics.