'You either shave or surf son, I love the smell of tabac in the morning...'

Razor - Gibbs no.15 (3)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock green (1)
Brush - Stirling fan
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - Great, I enjoyed that. Fairly new to the Tabac soap but it's rapidly becoming a favourite. Scent and performance are top notch for me. The Gibbs is a remarkably good shaver. Its diminutive size belies how well it sits in my - quite big - hands. There is a real heft and a lovely balance to it. It's no hassle to modify a blade to fit it. The Stirling fan is a match for any hard soap. It's a steal for the price. A splash of Tabac aftershave and some aloe vera gel and I'm good to go. Smelling nice, relaxed and smooth. What's not to like? I need to go out later and thankfully I remembered that The Stone Roses are playing nearby tonight (top of the bill with Steve Mason and Primal Scream no less - impressive,) so I need to mentally prepare for lots of flashback inducing 90's clothing, phony Manc accents and people walking in a silly fashion. Mad'ferit, mad'ferit.... Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.

Thanks Wayne, the razor was, is a fat handled tech which were always on the mild side, it was just altered so the blade could be locked in place other than that it's a fat handled tech. I suppose the fitting of a shim would change it a little but the fun part for me was using a asylum / prison razor from the 50s and I thank you for that.
I will clean and get this little peice of history back to you next week.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend mate.

Thanks for the tag...Enjoy the gig later..Regards.

Thanks for the info Paul.
Very informative.
As I said before mate there really is no rush.

Take care my friend and speak soon.
Wayne

Today's shave

Wilkinson Sword blade
Gillette New Short Comb 1939 vintage
Nanny's French Lavinder face lartherd
Kent BK8 Brush
Blue Stratos aftershave splash

Result BSS WTG

Sorry about the lack of postings gents, been busy helping Mr Corbin he's my boss don't you know.
4 days beard gone smashing

Tabac is the canine's tabernacles, imo.

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: P&B – Citra Royale
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Derby Premium (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then a shower, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Nivea 2 Phase

I know I said I would rest my skin, but I could not resist. . . but watch as couple of shaving videos on YouTube and well . . .

Interesting, I have a 'love hate' relationship with te Derby Premium blade. When I first use the blade, it feels as rough as old boots, but blooming heck, it produces a nice shave. No irritation today and did 3 passes and no need for touch ups. The soap, well what can I say, once I added enough water it was as slick and rich as one would expect from P&B

SOTD: 24/06/17

Razor: Rockwell 6c, Plate #6, simply gorgeous :notworthy:
Blade:
Astra SP #3
Soap: T&H 1805
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band
Post Shave: Aloe Vera 100%
Balm: BBA
Scent: Izzey Miyake

Love is in the air, every time I look around.

This razor is off to new pastures on Monday.
It has been a pleasure to use and due to this pass around from next door, I am going to buy one from over the pond.
It is so far in the DE world the best razor I have come across. YMMV.
Smoothness personified. Outstanding performance that leaves no burns.

Take care all and happy shaving!
Wayne.