S.O.T.D Saturday 24th June to Friday 30th June 2017

My first go with the MdC Agrumes and I knew how good the base was before but the citrus scent from this soap is out of this world. The scent strength is like a 4 off the puck and doesn't get any stronger during the lather but it's a powerful citrus that always let's you know that it hasn't forgotten your olfactories. A 15 second load turned into an easy 3 pass shave with cleanup and enough left over for me to pull off of the brush and apply it to my face while I conducted gear cleanup. Beautiful! The Rose is next...

Soap: MdC Agrumes (Citrus)
Razor: Timeless Scalloped .68 with TRH5 handle
Blade: PermaSharp (3)
Brush: Paladin PK-47 28 mm Ivory
Post Shave: Esbjerg Orange Vetiver Aftershave Creme​

Homage to Barry Giddens.

My shave of the day:

Murdock shaving gel.

BBA oil (courtest of Emma at BBA)

Edwin Jagger razor

Personna blade (1) courtesy of Barry

Trumpers Sandalwood cream again courtesy of Barry...

Executive shaving Alum block ( I dropped it and it only split in half!).

Vera Wang apres rassage

Spray of Vera Wang EDT.

First things first!

Thanks to Barry and Emma for the products...

Personna Blades ( love this one as much as the Sharks and Astras)...

The BBA oil.....Well I now understand about premium products! Key is to only use a drop. It went on nicely, no greasy feeling and no oily feeling on the fingers. It let the blade do its work effortlessly. A very nice product well packaged.

The Trumpers Sandalwood is lovely, Barry sent it as part of a blade trade). The creams goes on easily and One pass ( I really wanted to do two, but the blade cut through three days growth easily).

A rub with the broken Alum block and the post shave with Vera Wang to finish off...

I'm never sure where to comment on the post shave glass of merlot.... not a prerequisite but a nice way to finish ( not start) a great pre birthday shave....

Who knows the wife may even take me out...

Enjoy all

Mark

Barry the blades are on their way Friday!!

Oh dear I shouldn't ask but....where do you get that orange vetiver aftershave creme from? It sounds lush...

So pleased you enjoyed your shave Mark. And thank you for the homage! I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

I have a sample of the mdc agrumes haven't used it yet it does smell amazing one of the best citrus scents iv smelt in any soap