S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd June to Friday 29th June 2018

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rex Ambassador @4 (on loan)
Blade: Polsilver Lodz

My final shave with the Rex Ambassador and having only used it with very slick soaps, I wondered how it would cope with a decent middle of the road soap.
Also, while the brush was soaking and after the photo, I decided to shave one half of my face with the Gibbs No.15 (@4) loaded with an Astra SP.
As suspected the Gibbs glided more smoothly and the slimmer profile of the head made tidying up under the nose a bit easier, but the actual finished shave was identical and there was zero feedback from the alum block on each side.
Thanks again to Rob (@Blackmass) for letting me test drive this incredibly beautiful razor
Happy Shaving one and all.

Thanks for the tag. My pleasure mate.

Mon 25th June

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
PAL injecto Matic
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

An outing today with one of my favourite short handled Injectors, that take a single blade only - The Injecto-Matic. Many find this Razor rather harsh, and I have started to use the Schick Proline blade in it which makes the Shaves much smoother. Today I completed an 8th outing, and had a very comfortable yet close Shave. I think I may get a couple more Shaves out of this blade.

~ SOTD Monday 25th June 2018 ~

Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Rockwell Swedish Stainless Steel
Brush - YaQi 24mm High Mountain Silvertip
Cream - Extro Arzachena
Post - Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Aftershave - Extro Arzachena

Same setup as my last shave apart from the razor & blade I wanted to use the arzachena again I just love this scent , the Rockwell blade worked great in the 38c no tugging just cut through my stubble with ease last time I used one of these I compared it to a rapira ss but after todays shave id say these are much better blades , the brush just gets better every time I use it its becoming one of my favourites ...

this was another excellent shave

Monday 25th June

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave Cream
OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Soap
Semoge SOC Taj Badger/Boar Brush
Cobra Classic with a Proline-P Blade
Dickinsons Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel and Macadamia Nut Oil
Alcolado Glacial AS
Al-Rehab Sultan PO

An afternoon shave.....post night duty.
It was a 'Cobra Shave'.............just perfect

Sotd - Saturday 16th of June and Sunday 24th of June -

16/06

Razor - Rockwell 6c (2 plate)
blade - Iridium Super vintage (4)
brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 best
soap - Razorock Puros tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tobacco
balm - Barts Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
scent - ADP Colonia leather.

24/06

razor - Cobra classic
blade - Proline 30 (no idea how many uses)
brush - Semogue 1305 boar
soap - Monsavon tallow
post - allum and witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Barts Peppermint lotion
scent - Dior Eau Sauvage edt.

Result - both great in their own way.

I think this might have been a record hiatus - lacuna if you prefer - between shaves for me - since my wet shaving epiphany years ago. Wasn't feeling myself last week - not firing on all cylinders. So - eight days growth to come off - there could only be one razor for the job? Step forward the Cobra classic - actually a Cobra wouldn't step would it? - more slither - on account of the fact that snakes don't have legs - or arms for that matter. If they did have arms and hands - they could undo buttons - and hitch hike - which is a bit sinister? I consider myself fortunate to have this razor - I was just in the right place at the right time when Executive Shaving had one of their rare batches in stock. I used to use it with Feather Super Pros - but after lending it out to few members last year - and taking their advise - I changed to the Schick Prolines - what a difference. In my opinion it brings the razor to its full potential without the risk of accidentally hacking your nose off. I don't think you could ever truly tame this razor - it is always going to be assertive - but the Schicks make it an enjoyable experience as opposed to just nerve jangling. That being said I did actually cut myself - I would say an upper end graze but not a proper bleeder. The cold water rinse didn't stop the - slight - leaking of claret. Time for the allum trick - with a wet face - press and hold your allum block - stick in my case - firmly against the wound for 30 seconds to a minute. Works for me. It seems to sort out the problem of stemming the blood - but ordinarily - when you apply the aftershave and balm it just opens up again. If you haven't tried it - it is worth a go in my experience. I'm going to try to not leave such a gap between shaves in the future - apart from anything else - it looks like someone has emptied their lawn clippings into your wash hand basin. A pig to clean up. Yours all - I.

Oh - has anybody else had the experience - since the server change - of having all their pictures disappear? Does anyone know if this is a permanent state of affairs? I should maybe ask this question on another thread.

Last edited: