S.O.T.D. Saturday 21th January to Friday 27th January 2017

SOTD: 21st January 2017.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Ideal- Russian Adjustable (setting No:5) .

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

soap: Tabac.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Proraso Sandalwood A/S.

Morrisons Enrich Intensive Moisture Lotion.

A new set up to start the weekend..The Russian razor/blade combo worked incredibly good.those russian blades are really suited to my skin type.Another wonderful 3 pass +pick up silky smooth shave with no errors to report..Feeling refreshed to start the weekend.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.

Last edited:

Second shave with the B&M Cheshire soap this morning & I have to say that I am rather pleased with it. Now, I don't drink tea, but I do recognise that distinctive Earl Grey scent when you first unscrew the lid, buts for me it's the bergamot that stands out.

Performance-wise, this is definitely one of the best soaps I have tried & my skin feels pretty darn good afterwards.

Saturday...

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 'Streamline'
Blade - Gem Personna #1
Post - Alum, Thayer's and Floïd MV a/s

Very close shave today. A little bit rough on the upper lip, resulting in a couple of weepers; but being a dedicated cold water shaver, they didn't amount to much. The alum indicated a very close shave. I'm continually impressed by this 1912 variant; it has lovely weight and balance, giving great results each time. Complemented by the OSP Neroli, which needs no further recommendations from me.

New week, new razor.

Pre-shave - Lovely hot shower
Cream - Nivea mild shaving cream
Razor - Merkur 25c
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - Muhle HJM synthetic brush
Post-Shave - La Toja aftershave lotion

First shave with an OC razor. Good close shave but felt very aware that it was an open comb razor albeit a mild one.

Sat 21st Jan

Omega 11137 boar
Faena Sandalwood
Supply S/S SE- 3dot plate
Schick NOS [ 9- Sweden]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Of the current raft of modern SE Razors, the Supply is one that is Schick/Personna powered. As a consequence it
has a smaller head than the Feather AC powered ones , but it quite hefty at around 110gms. However, I like the weight ,and as it smooths so smoothly I am able to get rid of my strong beard, without any irritation even if I overshave a little. Really good at dealing with those stubborn areas on the neck.

Brush: MDMMen Cadman 26mm synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Soap: Faena Rose
A/S: Myrsol Plastic

Haven't given this soap a run out for a long time, and when I have my lather has always seemed a little underwhelming. Overloaded and that seemed to clear up the issues, made for a great lather. I know it's not a masculine scent per se but I do love a bit of rose. A great shave with the 6S and a Personna Lab Blues on its second use. Topped off with some Thayers Rose Petal witch hazel, Geo F Trumper's Coral Skin Food and Myrsol Plastic

Tonight's special is the deconstructed Darwin Deluxe. It goes lovely with some Bergamot & Bay and washed down with some Floïd Blue

Cold River Soapworks Bergamot & Bay Soap
Tom White Custom Aluminium Rubberset 400 26mm Manchurian Fan
Darwin Deluxe
Personna 74(30)
Floïd Blue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited: