S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower (well not so hot, bloody teenagers ;-))
Brush: Semogue SOC two band
Razor: Garanti, silberstahl
Soap: LEA stick
AS: Proraso
Result: Very, very clean

Used this one two times after a touch up on a new stone, slightly better, but not much ... most likely my technique.

It's weekend, so I went for a smooth three pass shave

Prep: shower, and face wash with Palmolive soap bar
Cream: Balea Sensitive (decent cream, nothing fancy)
Brush: Omega 10019 boar brush (with a modified handle)
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: Personna Red (my favourite blade)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive

Greetings

Saturday 1st June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Damaskeene OC
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Derby Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

My very first shave with this new to me razor.

I've been after an open comb Dammy for a very long time. It shaves exactly as I've read it would and expected; just wonderfully; easy to use, a bit of bite but not silly aggressive. After just one shave I am very impressed. This one is not a perfect specimen but it is a perfect shaver!

Regards
Dick.

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kai Excelia \ Mergress long handle
Blade: Feather Proguard \ Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Neep Jasper Aztec
Soap: GFT Sandalwood - scuttle lathered

Managed three passes with the kamisori without gashing myself. Huzzah.

Unfortunately the finish wasn't great (I need to build up a lot of muscle memory for an ATG kamisori pass) so had to clean up with Mergress and consequently did cut myself.

Rod's brush has effectively been a straight swap for my Simpson Hive. Never got a good lather with the hive, used Rod's once and got a fantastic lather so I'm happy.

Greetings

Please excuse my silly question but I am not a straight razor user. How do you hone a lovely razor like this without wearing off the nice pattern on the spine? To my untrained eye it does not appear to be a frame back with a removable blade.

Regards
Dick.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic / Feather Pro
Semogue 2012 SEOC
Proraso White Soap (New Formula)
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

<insert Katz's Delicatessen scene from when Harry met Sally>

Proraso pre
Vulfix bodger
Cela
Rocket HD and Asra SP for bonce
Feather Artist and pro-guard blade for face
Sudacreme for post shave care followed up with some 4711

A nice long and relaxing shave. Must really be getting to grips with the feather, not a single nick on the face and no irritation. Out of practise shaving the head though, too many nicks to count and my wife thought i had used the feather on my head due to the amount of blood on the towel. I had to get her to apply the styptic pencil to the back of the head, OUCH!

One of those great to be alive and shaving traditionally mornings!

A cup of Tarrazu Valley, Costa Rica, coffee., with the cats laying on my bed in the sunshine, purring to saw wood.
Swagger and Jacks ultimate shave oil.
A TGN finest knot in a Gairdner 'Steadfast' handle.
Acqua di Parma soap.
Jianju Swordfish blade.
Futur razor.
L'Occitane balm.
Mrs. Mikael's favourite a/s and cologne - can't think of it's name and it's upstairs and I'm too idle - Ultra Violet.
Nigel Kennedy sharing some Inner Thoughts throughout.

Lions and BaBas to come! after I've finally managed to cease faceturbating. Whether or not!

No problem, ask away, I'll answer if I can. You put electric tape on the spine. Some say this is cheating/not a fair thing to do though, since it's an easy task to see how much honing/wear a razor has from the the hone wear. Tape also helps sometimes, when you want a higher angle towards the edge when honing, there's also some methods, were you only use tape at the end of the honing session etc ...

Bechet45 said:
Mrs. Mikael's favourite a/s and cologne - can't think of it's name and it's upstairs and I'm too idle - Ultra Violet.
Paco Rabane?

Colgate shaving stick (1950s or '60s; Palmolive stick with a hint of menthol left in it, 1/8d)
Henk walnut silvertip
Open Comb New with MEM Super Silver Platinum (second shave)
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Beautiful.

Today's shave,
Pre: Jack Black beard lube.
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #58. (Loaned in)
Blade: Vintage Scottish Perma-Sharp. (2)
Brush: Rooney 2XL Jade, 2 band.
Cream: T&H Almond from the sample pack.
Aftershave: Myrsol Blue.
EdC: Floris 89.

[attachment=7416]

Nice and clean shave today.

Scott.

Razor: Valet Autostrop Model B
Blade: Feather SE
Brush: New Forest 1901
Soap: Erasmic
Aftershave: Proraso Green Tea & Oat

Very smooth shave.

Afternoon, everyone.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
A/S: Captain, Molyneux
Cologne: Captain, Molyneux

Wow! What a great shave! I got a pack of Polsilvers from Ebay and the blade gave me a fantastically smooth but sharp and close shave which ended in an unintentional BBS. I knew it was cutting because of the sound it made, but I couldn't feel the cutting at all. Now I understand the praise for the Polsilvers. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to buy a couple of hundred of these to add to the collection.