S.O.T.D Saturday 1st July - Friday 7th July

A superb set up Rob.
Is the Manchurian softer than the Silvertip?
I would be interested in your thoughts.
You know that if you have lost the love on a certain SV then get in touch....

EDIT: Great track @Blackmass and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words Wayne.

"Manchurian" is just a trade name started by Simpsons.
I have four Manchurian brushes from four different companies and they're all different.

The general consensus (and I'm painting very broad brushstrokes here) is the 'Manchurian' knot has more backbone than a standard Silvertip knot but has the softness of a Silvertip.

It's a pretty polarising topic. Some people love them and others think it's a marketing gimmick.

PS: I still love my SV brush BTW. Sorry champ.

Last edited:
Late Tuesday

Olive oil Soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P preshave cream
Semogue 1800 Boar Brush
MWF Soap
Star 1912 razor with a Stainless GEM blade (#4)
Witch Hazel
Arko Natural Crem
Brut Musk AS

Late shave tonight as I was on a 12hr day shift at work. Nights tomorrow....so this will keep me respectable until I shave before I go in tomorrow night for my night shift. An effortless 3 pass BBS. The 1800 has broken in nicely as the tips are as soft as one could hope for. A bit of self administered pampering really does the world of good.

• Safety Razor: Merkur - 37C Slant
  • Blade: Voskhod
  • Shaving Brush: MÜHLE - Silvertip Fibre XL (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Meißner Tremonia - Indian Flavour
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Luxury Cologne

SOTD Wednesday 5th July

Prep....Shower ~ Lavender & Olive oil soap
Razor....Blackland ~Sabre SE
Blade....Pal Super Carbon
Soap....OSP ~Bay Rum
Brush....Brad Sears ~ Gonzo
Post....Thayers Rose petal ~ Jojoba Oil
Scent...Molecule 01~bond number 9 NY

My first shave with what is to me at any rate a beautiful razor, I fitted it out with a new Pal super carbon blade and after whipping the OSP BayRum into a slick creamy lather I set to work........I found the correct angle almost straight away and i found it was mild but very efficient and to be honest I was done in two passes but with lather still in my bowl I went for a third anyway leaving me real smooth...Blademonkey Smooth!
I really like this razor, the way it looks , feels and shaves but this is only the first shave so I can not fully evaluate it yet however I don't see this razor having any shortcomings and I'm looking forward to my next shave with it.
I finnished off with a splash of Thayers and a few drops of Jojoba oil as a moisturiser.
A body spray of M 01 with number 9 NY on my pulse points, smelling great.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday........

Good Morning Paul

Virtually all the reviews/initial findings so far that I have read seem to be very positive, it would be nice to hear some comparisons with vintage SE razors especially regarding the level of aggression of the Sabre. I know you shave with and like the GEM Heavy Flat Top/G Bar what are your thoughts comparing it to that razor? I fully accept it is early days for comparisons.

Regards
Dick.

Or other more efficient razors. The Heavy Flat Top is after all just a Feather Weight in chrome clothing and not among the most efficient of the GEM/Ever Ready family. I'm not expecting MMOC or Shovelhead efficiency but I'd be very disappointed with an expensive if good looking Contour.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk