S.O.T.D. Saturday 15th October to Friday 21st October 2016

SOTD Thursday 20th October 2016.

Razor..ATT H2 Fat handle
Blade..Sputnik kindly given to me by @patw
Soap..OSP Orange & Pattchouli
Brush..Cadman Bell TGN Silvertip

A lovely shave the Sputnik blade worked well with my H2, much like an Astra SP . Giving me a real close shave.
The scent from the OSP soap was wonderful and as slick as ever.
My Cadman Bell brush is always a joy to use .

Wishing all of you a terrific Thursday . Over and out.

Great soap a beaut of a brush and a big fat handle razor....what's not to like!

Thanks mate and thanks again for sending me those packs of Sputniks, very good, as I said I found them to be simalar to an Astra SP but that was only after one use.
Have a great day

Your welcome Paul, and thanks for sending me the rubiès.The sputniks do seem similar to the astra.
Enjoy your day bud...

First shave with the Schick Adjustable yesterday… Loaded up with a fresh Personna blade and didn't have any issues getting a new blade in. Put it on 4 to start with, started with one cheek and found it too mild, so straight up to 7 with it. 7 was better, the razor is incredibly maneuverable and you can whip around your face… I still found it quite mild though, even at 7! Two passes and a good finish, but not as good at the ATT S2 after the same two passes and the S2 had to deal with 6 days' growth! No irritations at all though and it was still an enjoyable shave. I'll be having another go with it for sure in the coming days J

- Schick Adjustable
- Personna (1)
- Black Beauty Shavemac ATG 400 Unique
- 1912 Russian Leather
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Specik AB
- Speick AS

Last edited:
Prep: Shower
Cream: TOBS Jermyn St. Sensitive
Razor: Razorock Teck II
Blade: Voskhod (first use)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Synthetic
Post: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Lotion, followed by the balm

1 x WTG, 1 x XTG

What a shave... my first Voskhod experience - I'm impressed! The Razorock performed well, a new purchase. I've not tried a Gillette Tech so can't compare, but for £15 odd, seems good value for money. Great weight in the handle!

Thursday 20th
Zenith 506A TS
Speick Shave Stick
Ever Ready 1914
GEM (½ shimmed) SSC #5
Alum > Rinse > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
YSL Jazz - EDT

The 1914 can look intimidating on the blade-exposure front. It does however give an impressively comfortable shave. Especially coupled with the excellent Speick stick.
I haven't got the original Jazz to do a like for like comparison scent wise. But I do remember the original after-shave giving an excellent post feel.

Shave well !!

Dick have you thought of an in-line water softener?