S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th March to Friday 17th March 2017

Cheers for getting back to me. Fingers crossed mine shows up soon.

Evening Gents,

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Razor: Hone 15
Razor blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain 2
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Wickhams Irish Fern
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm.

Third outing for the Hone on loan from @Lann . I went back to the Polsilver blade. A good shave, smooth and irritation free.
I'm getting used to the weight. In fact it wasn't an issue this time around. Unfortunately it's too mild for me.

The soap performed very well, enough cushion and slickness. The scent was great. In the tub it smells the same as Eufros Fougere but once lathered up it changes and smells very similar to PAA CaD.
I found the lather to be quite foamy(?) but this was my first time using it so we will see how I get on in the future.

The Bowl worked a treat. I love it!

Tuesday 14th March 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Slim (6)
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Nivea Originals Balm

Not been posting in SOTD as I was away in Madrid for a week, for both business and pleasure, I have been to Spain many times but had never been to Madrid before. I can highly recommend Madrid for a city break had great time, I was over for business but stayed for the weekend and my Wife joined me for the weekend as well. Picked up some La Toja and Lea items while I was there. I also got some fantastic shaves from Schick L1 loaded with a Japanese Schick blade while away.

Razor: Trac II
Blade: Col. Conk Trac II (4)
Brush: Brass handle w/ Black Badger?
Soap: Captain's Choice Sandalwood
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Sandalwood

The brush is not living up to my standards. Losing a lot of hair, now I can live with a brush being a little floppy, or a little prickly, but I can't stand a brush that loses hair.
Lots of Wild Turkey's in the yard today. High winds and lots of snow today.

Two Pass Shaving Routine..

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Special Monneret 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Vegetal Soap (Un Scented)
Humphreys Witch Hazel

A Smashing Shave this Morning with My French Special Monneret 6/8th..I Just Finished My French Special Monneret 6/8th on My Newly Acquired Surgical Black Arkansans Stone..My 2nd Pass Wasn't Needed But I Went for the Auld Guardsmen's Drill Boots Polished Finish on My Face..This Black Arkie Seems to Perform Much the Same as My Translucent Arkie..If there is Any Difference We are Probably Talkin Baw Hairs is All..

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..

Billy

SOTD 15th March

Razor..Iwasaki Kamisori 50mm (freshly honed) by @pugh-the-special-one
Soap..OSP Bay Rum
Brush..Shavemac..two band silvertip
Post..Thayers lavender
A/S Extro BayRum

With thanks to Pugh the special one AKA Jamie, this
Kamisori shaved today like it has never had, I thought it was sharp before...no where near this sharp!

It gave me an fantastic shave helped along with the protective and slick OSP Bay Rum, finnished off with the Extro Bay Rum aftershave.
Perfect !

I shall write a full review in the straight edge section later today regarding having both my Kamisori honed and let you know about the man who honed them.

Have a great day everyone........

Last edited:
Absolutely fascinating. What a great read

Cracking stuff you absolute Looney! Good work. It's addictive, the amount of concentration you have to put into it all! I doubt I even need to shave really, considering I only tidy up my cheeks and neck, but I find it a pleasure having started with SRs.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your 'SOTD's to come!