S.O.T.D. Saturday 11 th June to Friday 17th June 2016

No photo, but my first decent, care taken shave in a long while!

EJ89 head on custom handle made by a guy on here a while back who's name escapes me. Apologies, but its a top handle! Paired with a fresh Rapira blade.

Big ol' omega barbershop brush.

Cella. Forgot how good this stuff is. Expected it to have gone funny, but it still works great after 3 years!

Finished off with Professor Blighty pear shaving tonic. Two passes, wtg and atg. Beautiful.

Soap:- Wickhams 1912

Brush:- Whipped Dog 24mm Silvertip

Razor:- English Ever Ready 1912 SE

Blade:- GEM SE

Post Shave:- Givenchy Gentleman EDT

Wickham's Spice Trade was the first artisan soap that I purchased shortly after starting DE shaving, since then I have managed to procure a number of other Wickham's soaps, all of which I enjoy immensely. They all lather really easily and the scents are wonderful. I was somewhat disappointed to say the least when shortly after my initiation to this way of shaving, Wickham's soap virtually disappeared from the market. I cant tell you how please I was to hear that Darron was bringing out a new range and this 1912 hard soap is in a different league, lather-ability, slickness, cushion, stability, post shave and scent are all top draw.

Last edited:
The Irony is that the Kampfe is a Super Mild Razor with a Hollow Ground Blade..I Mean Crazy Mild..

Billy