S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

Good Morning all,

Below is my shave reports from Saturday and Sunday……I didn't have time to post Saturday's shave as I out early with friends for a few drinks. I'll leave it there…..

First of all a massive thank you to @Wayne for sending me his (treasured) Stainless Steel Mongoose to try, you are a Gent!

I used Wayne's Mongoose on Saturday morning and liked the look and feel of razor but not the finished shave. I used the Kai Pro Guard but couldn't get a close shave, especially under the jawline. I had to use The General on the last pass. When I finished you could still see stubble underneath the skin, not good.
Also used the Fine Italian Citrus for the first time and it stung like a bitch! Really painful. The scent didn't last very long either. I finished off with Aqua Di Parma Assoluta.

I needed another shave yesterday (never a good sign for me) and wanted to try the Qshave Futur clone. I loaded the blade and it looked OK, equally from both sides. I started to shave and noticed the blade feel was very uneven. I reloaded the blade and it still looked out, looking from above. It wasn't until I looked from the side I noticed the problem. The blade wasn't sitting flat and looked more like a slant razor. I didn't want to mess around and taking it apart so chose another razor. I thought it best to give the Mongoose another go. Again I struggled to get a close shave and tried another razor, the ATT SE1. Even with this I just managed to get an ‘OK' shave but was left frustrated and pissed off.

@Wayne @Acer89
@Looney12345

Cheers
Rob

Brush: Omega 40033
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Soap: Cella
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

My face is feeling the effects of yesterdays aggressive (to me) shave. Setting 3 all the way today. A lovely shave was had, the Omega is quickly becoming my favourite boar, perfect size for a small tub like Cella. Lather was fantastic and the post was great as I come to expect. Nice bit of cooling from the Floid.

With my shaves I am changing how I pick my items, soaps staying the same Mon - Fri. With my razors and blade it is a 3 use cycle then swap and with my brushes its 3 in a rotation for the five days and change daily so they get a period to dry out thoroughly. Then at the weekend I change it before a new rotation on Monday. Also switched to cold water shaving for the last 9 days and I have very much enjoyed it.

Greetings All,

Monday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Geo F Trumper Coconut Oil shaving cream sample
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Voskhod (4th use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Fourth use of the Voskhod blade and still enjoy using it but towards the end I could feel it losing some of its keenness. However, still got three passes and ended up with a very smooth finish - NICE. Don't think I will risk a 5th use.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap – Stirling - Scots Pine Sheep
Post - Cold water rinse, Chatillon Lux – Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

By 'eck.. a cracking shave! I'd actually forgotten how good the Scots Pine Sheep really is.

Monday

3P preshave cream
Supermax Cream
Omega S10081 synthetic brush
Ming Shi 2000S razor
Treet Durasharp carbon steel blade (#2)
Alum Block
Aloe Vera gel
Jovan Black Musk AS

A day off work to sort out a few things round home. Work on my partners motorcycle. She hasnt been
using it so there is a lot to be done. Don't have to dress to impress...so a functional shave today.
Great results with the Ming Shi again. The Durasharps are incredibly sharp. I usually only ever use them twice as they
are cheap enough to discard quickly and I dont have to worry about rust forming on the blade.

Mon 12th June

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic Soap
Supply S/S Single Edge- 3* plate
NOS Schick Super Chrome coated [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Now have had over 20 + shaves with the Single Edge, and never quite got the Shaving angle right. Had a play around on an unlathered cheek to see if I could work it out , and think I have it sorted.
After a cautious start and with short strokes, I had sufficient blade feedback to be optimistic that things were going right. By not rushing I am pleased to say not only was the shave smooth, but I actually attained a nice close all round Shave for the first time. To ensure that this is not a fluke I had better have a follow up Shave.

Love the look of your setup!

Monday AM 2017-06-12

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Hamada and Persimmon)
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest #2 (26mm/67mm)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (3)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)

The Penhaligon's EF aftershave's fragrance is actually just a bit too bright and sharp for me. I prefer a softer, darker tone like that of Houbigant's Fougère Royale.