S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

Two Pass Shaving Routine...

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Japanese Steel Fuji 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Lovely Morning Shave with My Japanese Fuji 6/8th 1/2 Hollow..I Maxed this One Out on My Surgical Black Arkie to Around 20 K..Very Sharp & Smooth..A Belter of a Shave..

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..

Billy

Pre:
Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Stirling Margaritas In The Arctic
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Modern Gillette Platinum (1)
EDP: APR The Santal

Three passes, and very close to BBS. The modern Gillette blade is sharp, but not as buttery-smooth as the vintage Wilkie I'd last been using. Still - no complaints.
Lovely slick lather from the Stirling soap. The scent of MITA is citrus with a hint of menthol. Performance-wise, the menthol is quite mild - just a subtle refreshing sensation.
The APR Santal is a one-off. It opens with some serious timber, but in the dry down, a gorgeous pure, creamy sandalwood emerges.
A great finish to a wonderful shave!

Saturday 10th June 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade: GEM Stainless coated (#5)
Brush: Maseto 2 band finest 24mm
Soaps: Scottish Fine Soaps
AS: Pure Aloe Vera Gel and Brut Sport Style

Ouch! Serious case of razor burn, maybe a bit of over reaction there. Not had razor burn like this for a long time, 30 minutes after shaving it has now subsided. I am not sure what the culprit was, maybe the GEM blade was past it's best, maybe it was my technique with the G bar, or maybe the soap. This is the first time I have used this razor and the soap, the final result was a very close shave. Next shave with this razor will be with a new blade and a soap or cream I know.

For my first shave with the 1924, is used a GEM Stainless with 12 shaves. This did not give me a true representation of the Razor. I did a lot of buffing to get to my level of smoothness, which leaves me with some irritation. I lathered the HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars with an Omega 10005 and finsihed with Nivea Cool Kick ASB, and Brut AS & Cologne. I will have to wait for my new Gem Stainless PTFE blades before I use any of my other SE razors. Have a blessed day gentlemen.

Unlikely to be the blade or razor, as you're used to SE technique. More likely the soap, keep the bowl.

You will have great and smooth shaves with the GEM PTFE blades.

Saturday

Proraso preshave (green)
Palmolive Cream
HMJ Black Fibre Brush
Schick E2 (Personna #4)
Witch Hazel
Homemade Buttermix
Osage Rub

Shave was OK....but nothing special. The blade I was using is one from a cassette I have had for quite a few years.
Stubble is now appearing too quickly and I have to use some pressure and buffing to get the required result. Think
I will bin the rest of them and use new stock.