S.O.T.D Sat. 2nd Nov. to Frid.8th Nov. 2013

morning gentlemen!

gillette executive - the golden fatboy
gillette swede (3)
frank shaving pur tech
ingrams (plus a drop of lavender essential oil)
mark's and spencer Amber aftershave and balm

mostly very smooth - couple of nicks ATG on my neck - one side of the razor feels smoother than the other - im not sure if the blade gap is wider on one side so im a bit wary of rotating the razor. Lovely scent from the amber a/s and balm

Knife: Parer From Harner&Mclean
Brush: Mr.Skull
Soap: RazoRock Classic
AS: Pinaud Clubman

Fun shave, smal nick from the crazy point thou

Enjoy, Watch in HD
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VWeXMNslg&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

Prep:
Hot shower,
Proraso Pre-shave cream
Proraso Shave cream mixed with a brush loaded with Bear Ice (Mamma Bears soap)

Weapon of choice:
Vintage Kropp straight razor

Post shave:
TOBS luxury aftershave balm
Proraso (Menth and Eucyl) A/S

Outcome:
possibly one of the best shaves to date, My straight razor technique (shaving and razor care/honing/stropping) is all improving greatly, the shaves i am getting are well beyond my wildest expectations.
Straight Razors are the way forward for me.
A BBS shave and skin is feeling wonderful. :icon_razz:

Mr.Magnus said:
Knife: Parer From Harner&Mclean
Brush: Mr.Skull
Soap: RazoRock Classic
AS: Pinaud Clubman

Fun shave, smal nick from the crazy point thou

Enjoy, Watch in HD
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VWeXMNslg&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed watching that. That must be some edge!

Now I really want to watch pirates of the Caribbean though! What's that piece of music called, if you know?

Thanks again

Wednesday 11-06-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - The Very Best of 1969 to 1973.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTzCQlkBKJM[/video]

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25X53 - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Wednesday 6th Nov

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Sterling Smart Dressed Man scuttle lathered
Simpson Milk Churn best badger brush
Gillette 58
Gillette Super Thin (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

A fine shave, the Super Thin has performed well I shall be revisiting this blade in the future. I have a different set of items out for tomorrows shave.

Prep: Dove Men face scrub
Cream: Trumpers Spanish Leather
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic bristle
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Gillette Goal

The King of Shaves balm is not bad. I'm on the last scrapings of the Spanish Leather shaving cream, and WS Classic gives a pretty good shave as well.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Mitchell's Wool fat
Brush: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)

A mighty fine shave

[attachment=8878]

I had my first shave with my new Revisor 6-0033 full hollow ground razor. I treated the skin with Proraso pre-shave cream and then lathered up my Proraso menthol and Aloe Vera cream. I used a Muhle synthetic brush which is great at holding water.

After lathering up I had a wonderful WTG, XTG & ATG shave. I'm relatively new to straight shaving and I was delighted with the feedback from the full hollow ground Revisor. It was a very sharp, smooth razor to shave with. I got BBS on my cheeks and DFS on my chin and upper lip. I'm looking forward to many fine shaves with my new razor.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383758544.690623.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 14
Hot face splash...
Weber Polished Bulldog
Swedish Supersteel (2)
Arko soap stick (F.L.)
24mm TGN Finest Badger
Alum

Arko outperforms many of my soaps at a great price. Its scent is a little 'toilet air freshner lemony' I would say but wears off after use a few times. Haven't touched the MWF since I acquired this though part of the reason is to see if the MWF is affecting my skin. Arko lathers far easier too.