RSC 'Limited Edition' Shave Cream

Hello all.

Thought it might interest you to know that the Real Shaving Co.'s 'Limited Edition' Shave Cream (Vitamin Rich Skincare Formula) is available at Poundland.

I picked one up yesterday while Christmas shopping, primarily because the tub had 'Limited Edition' on it, but also to satiate my shaving cravings. You know what I mean. (Which is why I also picked up a Gillette Sensor Excel in Boots. Never used one of those before.)

The upshot: a fine cream, and one that punches above its price. Lathers terrifically and smells quite nice, too. I bought a tube of the RSC's Moisturising Skincare Formula cream a while back but have yet to try it out; so I can't make a direct comparison. However, on closer inspection there appears to be a lot more ingredients in the Limited Edition cream. As much as I'd love to type them all out, I can't be arsed. It's only a quid - go buy a tub and find out for yourself.

I reckon this is rather good stuff. At a glance, the ingredients list is very similar to Taylor's, at least for the first dozen or so items, and sure enough the appearance and properties are very similar. I'm not a frequent user of creams, but this stuff is just as good as anything else I've tried with the single exception of Henk's No. 5, which is a very different product.

Limited Edition: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Parfum, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl-3-cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol.

Standard Edition: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Limonene, Linalool.

A small observation is that the limited edition is beige in colour when next to the standard edition.

No, just a different perfume with more designated allergens (all individual allergens in all combined fragrance ingredients have to be listed, but not the actual ingredients. The actual soap components are identical up to the Cocoa been seed oil. So the limited edition has a more refined scent? (the standard edition is scented mainly with tea tree oil...).

Henk

Back
Top Bottom