Royal mail to stop shipping blades from april

I placed a vintage Gillette Safety Razor box on ebay, I mentioned the blade holders were in good condition.

They removed the add because it breached their policy on bladed items.

There are kids knifing each other and hacking people apart with machetes which obviously needs to be tackled but I don't see my razor blade box being used in the relieving somebody of their Rolex.

Just the AI seeing the word "blade" ... that's all.

I had a similar one some years ago when the campaign was against copied CDs. I listed a bona fide CD for sale and eBay pulled it. I put it back on and received a warning that my account would be terminated. I enquired. They told me I was selling a CDR! I said I wasn't ... they said I was. The end. Some months later I twigged what had happened - the serial number started with CDRxxxxxxxxxx which I listed to show authenticity.

Take out the word "blade" and re-list it. Just refer to it as a case and holder.

... and yes, it's ludicrous since I can still buy a hatchet on eBay and Royal Mail will still ship it.

Just the AI seeing the word "blade" ... that's all.

I had a similar one some years ago when the campaign was against copied CDs. I listed a bona fide CD for sale and eBay pulled it. I put it back on and received a warning that my account would be terminated. I enquired. They told me I was selling a CDR! I said I wasn't ... they said I was. The end. Some months later I twigged what had happened - the serial number started with CDRxxxxxxxxxx which I listed to show authenticity.

Take out the word "blade" and re-list it. Just refer to it as a case and holder.

... and yes, it's ludicrous since I can still buy a hatchet on eBay and Royal Mail will still ship it.
I have this image of the local bad lads progressing from Derbys to Kai blades and the real psychos using Feathers

I placed a vintage Gillette Safety Razor box on ebay, I mentioned the blade holders were in good condition.

They removed the add because it breached their policy on bladed items.

There are kids knifing each other and hacking people apart with machetes which obviously needs to be tackled but I don't see my razor blade box being used in the relieving somebody of their Rolex.
Stupid rules always miss the mark. You can stab someone with a pencil.

Back
Top Bottom