Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Simpsons Vanilla & Rose

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • TOBS Rose

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cyril. R. Salter Wild Rose

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
I would choose Old Vulfix over TOB's or Trumpers (although I do go through GFT like there is no tomorrow). As a cream wonderful in every sense. TOB's have always given me nothing but disappointment.

Certainly not a poor cousin in my view

Just pulled the trigger on two Salter creams, wild rose & Indian sandalwood.

Why I went with Salters in the end? After lots of research I found the following: TOBS scents are 100% synthetic, Trumpers and T&H are full of parabens, Simpsons has vanilla in which I dont want, Vulfix does have some bad reviews online from sources I trust and DR Harris is more expensive than all the others, I can get two Salter creams for £2 more than one Harris. Salters creams are not only one of the cheapest but also contain actual oils (geranium oil & sandalwood oil, respectively), no parabens or over the top colourants and seem to enjoy positive reviews across the board.

I'll update once I've tried them.

Last edited:
Please say how the soap performed, in comparison with others you may have used . It got great reviews from Badgers and Blade.

Please say how the soap performed, in comparison with others you may have used . It got great reviews from Badgers and Blade.

Will do, the only other rose product I've used is Klar Kabinett so limited capacity to judge the scent beyond good/bad but I've used plenty of creams so can do a performance comparison.