Rooney Stubby 2 Heritage 3-band

Today the postie brought me a few goodies, amongst them was this nice Rooney Heritage Stubby 2 in 3-Band hair, ( this picture is from seller, but I have it in my hands now). It is in perfect condition but it far more dense than I expected.

I also got a Executive Shaving logo-ed Stubby 2 in best, this best brush is a normal sort of density that I would expect and I think it might be a little too scrubby for me (on first trial impressions). However the Heritage is quite something else, I did not think that it would impress me this much, it has really soft tips and also quite a backbone to it, even after several uses.

I will report in on how they both perform over time but it will be interesting to see how the best performs directly compared to the Heritage.

_2153831.jpg

Love it when the postie brings new stuff...

It is indeed, worked a deal with someone to exchange some items. Used it this morning, when soaked I thought that this brush was going to choke with soap but it didn't happen. Even soaked it retains a firmness to it and the tips are wonderfully soft. Will be interesting to compare to the Best which I have and the Silvertip version which is on route.

Will try all three and keep the one(s) I like, will obviously write up my thoughts on them.

That's right..... sob.....

Rub it in.... sob..... :cry:

Joking aside, would love to hear how you get on with it. I loved mine. Fido has adopted my baby for now!

My only niggle (and there's always one, right?) was that it felt a bit big sometimes. I would have loved to try a Stubby 1, but they're as rare as rocking horse shit.

jhclare said:
That's right..... sob.....

Rub it in.... sob..... :cry:

Joking aside, would love to hear how you get on with it. I loved mine. Fido has adopted my baby for now!

My only niggle (and there's always one, right?) was that it felt a bit big sometimes. I would have loved to try a Stubby 1, but they're as rare as rocking horse shit.

I have to say it is far firmer than I thought it would be, it really holds it shape and a lot of water. It is almost too dense and I think it would allow you to choke it if you load it too much. so far I have had good lathers but been using "safe" soaps like Tabac and MWF.

The Stubby in Best is far easier to use, particularly with the DR Harris Rose and other creams but it is not as luxurious. Size wise I have been using a Chubby 2 in 2-Band so the Stubby 2 doesn't seem too big for me but you are right it is a big area of brush against your face.

More testing to do then I will summarise my thoughts on it.

Back
Top Bottom