rolls razor tin

well my luck had to run out on ebay. purchased a rolls razor but the strop side keeps popping out when just a little pressure is applied to it. had a go at fiddling about to try and fix it but to no avail. shame as i really like the idea of the rolls razor

I've got a couple, possibly three. Are you after the whole lot, just the main body or just the lid(s)?

PM me with your requirements and I'll slip one in the post for you.

Al

They are fantastic little shavers, one of my top 3.:icon_smile: If al doesn't have what you need, let me know, I have a complete spare body.

Word or warning- it may get on the wife/GF's nerves: click-clack, click-clack, click-clack, thop-thop, thop-thop, thop-thop, ad nauseum, every day before the shave. Just smile & nod...:icon_razz:

I agree, great shave, pity they are noisy. I've posted a link on here somewhere abuot the strip down that you should do to get it in tip top condition.

Think I'll get mine out for a shave on the weekend. Its not had an outing in a while :D

Nice to see other people using a rolls razor, I quiet like my ones, they do shave very well don't they, shame they are noisy (after 2 days of re honing /stroping some old blades I think my wife was going to insert it in me,some where very uncomfy) :icon_lol: fully intend to use my one over the week end.

al_kaholik said:
I've got a couple, possibly three. Are you after the whole lot, just the main body or just the lid(s)?

PM me with your requirements and I'll slip one in the post for you.

Al

well that's really decent of you. trouble is i'm not sure but i think it is the body that needs replacing. there again the razor ain't in too great a condition either - i am trying to hone it to give a decent edge. tbh i might just put it away as a non runner if i can't get a decent edge out of it. a shame as i love the idea behind it.

will look for your strip down link.

I might be able to put together a near shave ready kit, let me have a look and I'll get back to you this week sometime. Drop me a PM if you don't hear anything by Friday :)

A suggestion: Not the best choice for honing, but good enough for rehabilitating a rough (and thick) Rolls blade is a 4 sided diamond hone. Don't use one of these with a Henckels/Heljestrand or similar full-hollow ground blade unless you are very, very careful.

Depending on what you're trying to work out, you can start at 200, or 400. For what is simply a dull, but unchipped or rusted blade, i would probably start at 400. If you place +/- 3 layers of electrical tape over the spine, it will give you the appropriate angle. nice, steady pressure is the key, as is checking your tape after 10 or so passes, to make sure you haven't removed it.:icon_razz: After 600, I will move on to an extra-fine ceramic stone, a Hard Arkansas, or 1500 grit wet/dry paper with oil.

Back
Top Bottom