Rockwell R6S - Blade exposure

This has the info you're after I think

Sorry mate but i’m not quite sure what you mean.
The plates on the 6s go from 1-6
with 1 being the mildest & 6 being the more aggressive.
It’s an absolutely top class razor.
The 6c is exactly the same but made from aluminium rather than the stainless of the 6s

Sorry mate but i’m not quite sure what you mean.
The plates on the 6s go from 1-6
with 1 being the mildest & 6 being the more aggressive.
The 6c is exactly the same but made from aluminium rather than the stainless of the 6s
Hi Mike, If you draw a straight line from top cap to safety bar where the skin contacts and the blade edge protrudes past that towards the skin it's called positive exposure, behind that line towards the top cap it's called negative exposure and finally on that line is neutral exposure. There gaps + or - can be measured with the right equipment. I was wondering if there are any measurements out there. I haven't been able to find them. I hope that makes sense.

These are the figures for the Tatara Muramasa adjustable razor
1 - gap = 0.60mm / exposure = negative 0.17mm
2 - gap = 0.70mm / exposure = negative 0.07mm
3 - gap = 0.75mm / exposure = 0 mm
4 - gap = 0.80mm / exposure = positive 0.07mm
5 - gap = 0.90mm / exposure = positive 0.17mm

Hi Mike, If you draw a straight line from top cap to safety bar where the skin contacts and the blade edge protrudes past that towards the skin it's called positive exposure, behind that line towards the top cap it's called negative exposure and finally on that line is neutral exposure. There gaps + or - can be measured with the right equipment. I was wondering if there are any measurements out there. I haven't been able to find them. I hope that makes sense.

These are the figures for the Tatara Muramasa adjustable razor
1 - gap = 0.60mm / exposure = negative 0.17mm
2 - gap = 0.70mm / exposure = negative 0.07mm
3 - gap = 0.75mm / exposure = 0 mm
4 - gap = 0.80mm / exposure = positive 0.07mm
5 - gap = 0.90mm / exposure = positive 0.17mm
yep sorry stupid me i’m with you.
again i don’t have that info but im sure it should be available somewhere, even if you contact Rockwell directly they are pretty good at responding.
Good Luck

It was the glowing reviews and solid user comments that lead me to buy it. I am sure it'll shave perfectly for me but......... I am a tackle tart. it isn't the ugliest razor I've seen but I have eyes on a couple of others. :) :oops:
Once I find which of the plates I like/suits me best or get to a stage where I understand what want, I hope to match the specs on a pretty one.

It was the glowing reviews and solid user comments that lead me to buy it. I am sure it'll shave perfectly for me but......... I am a tackle tart. it isn't the ugliest razor I've seen but I have eyes on a couple of others. :) :oops:
Once I find which of the plates I like/suits me best or get to a stage where I understand what want, I hope to match the specs on a pretty one.
It won’t stop there trust me :ROFLMAO:
If your looking for pretty there ain’t much better than the Timeless,
I have the bronze and i don’t rate it that highly however it is the best looking for sure

If your looking for pretty there ain’t much better than the Timeless

They say beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
While the Timeless may be attractive it isn't for me. The Bronze and Aluminium are the best of the bunch but I'm a Ti/SS admirer. The Timeless Ti/SS wouldn't knock the R6S off my list.

Between you and me Mike, ;) the Feather AS D2 was almost an impulse buy, love at first sight kinda thing. Then I stumbled upon the Tatara range and with the ability to customise the shave, to a degree, became a hot contender. :)

They say beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
While the Timeless may be attractive it isn't for me. The Bronze and Aluminium are the best of the bunch but I'm a Ti/SS admirer. The Timeless Ti/SS wouldn't knock the R6S off my list.

Between you and me Mike, ;) the Feather AS D2 was almost an impulse buy, love at first sight kinda thing. Then I stumbled upon the Tatara range and with the ability to customise the shave, to a degree, became a hot contender. :)
I have a few adjustables but for me once i find a setting/plate i like i normally just stick to it unless i’m having a play around.
The AS-D2 for me is a top top favourite and very pleasant on the eye

Back
Top Bottom