Active Rockwell Model T

ATG

Supporter
Supporter
When I received my unit it turned out to be faulty. The adjustment ring was misaligned with the corresponding setting. You could clearly see the razor was on the lowest setting having the smallest blade gap but the ring said 5.

Until my second one arrived I did shave with it and there was nothing else wrong with it. Even later on comparing it to the second one received there was no difference in the shaves it gave.
I since then sold my Model T but kept the 'faulty' one and use it every now and then.

I am happy to put it out there for anyone interested in maybe buying a Model T and wanting to form an opinion on it or just having a shave with something else.
I'll be sending it in the box it came with so you can appreciated the overall package and will include a note with the corresponding real setting to minimise confusion.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

:) Disclaimer: I will not take any responsibility nor will I provide any type of support (including psychological) for any bleeders that may result as an incorrect setting of aggressiveness level :oops:

Don't know how to get the green Active label in front of the title.
If someone can help me with that, I'll follow their instructions

Don't know how to get the green Active label in front of the title.
If someone can help me with that, I'll follow their instructions

Do you get this page when you open it?

Screenshot_20210512-185744_Chrome.jpg

If not it may be part of the 30 day 30 posts rule.
You may also want to add a few rules,
Mainly
The recipient is responsible for the razor and should only put their name down if they are able to cover the loss of the razor.
Maybe a photo of arriving condition and sending condition to help you keep track of it. Also a preferred method of shipping 1st class tracked.
Up to you bud.
T

View attachment 69769

Mainly
The recipient is responsible for the razor and should only put their name down if they are able to cover the loss of the razor.
Maybe a photo of arriving condition and sending condition to help you keep track of it. Also a preferred method of shipping 1st class tracked.
Up to you bud.
T
Thank you for this Tony. I did check and I do get that option if I start a new thread but don't know how I can edit this one and add it to this one. Maybe once a thread once started it can be edited?

And thank you about the suggestion to add some rules. Greatly appreciated.

Rules to the Rockwell Model T pass around

Only put your name on the list if:

• you are happy to pay for a recorded postage service covering contents for up to £100
  • you take full responsibility for the razor's safe keeping whilst in your possession
  • you are happy to clean it on receipt and before sending with a barbicide type cleaning agent
To avoid awkward discussions (ie ...but it was like that when I received it :confused:) post a photo with the razor's condition before sending off to the next person.
There isn't much interest at the moment so not fussed how long it is kept but I suppose once the list is getting longer (if it will) couple of weeks is a good time frame to form an opinion and not keeping others waiting too much.

View attachment 69769

Mainly
Up to you bud.
T
Hi,
I know you can’t sell unless you have 30 posts but does the 30 day rule cover other things too? I would love to try the Rockwell out with this kind offer but don’t want to break any rules I’m unaware of!

Hi,
I know you can’t sell unless you have 30 posts but does the 30 day rule cover other things too? I would love to try the Rockwell out with this kind offer but don’t want to break any rules I’m unaware of!
Hi LeeMaz

I think with lending is more about who I'm comfortable to give it too more than anything. As long as you abide by the rules I mentioned above I'm happy for you to give it a try even if you are a new member like me (y)

The razor it's going to be sent to @Jester who's going to keep it for two weeks and then send it to you.
At some point please pm @Jester with your address so he knows where to send it.

@LeeMaz , patience is a virtue ;) . In two weeks you'll have it in your hands to try. In the mean time I'd start looking for the perfect blade and soap combo to use with it....:whistle:
It will be interesting to see what blade works best for you. I found wilkinson sword quite a good match.

Back
Top Bottom