Active Rockwell Model T

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub and PAA cube.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Hampshire wool fat shaving soap

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia

Razor: Rockwell Model T

Blade: Astra SP

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.
For some reason I decided to push the Rockwell to all 3 passes on a 4 today. So in preparation I hit the scrub, cube and Hampshire soap to prepare my face for a harder shave! Boy did I need it and it wasn’t enough! Weepers, weepers everywhere but annoyingly no indication in the moment of the actual shave that I’m doing any damage to myself! It’s like a silent ninja in a bad martial arts movie, slice and dice and the victim doesn’t know their in pieces until they move and something falls off them! I exaggerate but you get the idea. Weirdly though still a very smooth shave, very close obviously and completely bbs with only a little redness. I’m going to try a Viking sword blade tomorrow and try and lower it back to 3 to tame the beast! I both love and hate the results so far and need to get to grips with the silent slasher! I’m pretty sure it’s me at the moment technique wise as this is a more aggressive razor than I’m used to.
Many thanks again @ATG.

Attachments

• 5954B11E-8246-411B-A489-BC80362CE888.jpeg
    5954B11E-8246-411B-A489-BC80362CE888.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1
Prep: Shower PAA cube.

Soap: Stirling Noir

Brush: Razorock Hulk

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

So today I decided to try and save my face and lower the settings down a bit. So I stuck on number 2 and was doing well the Viking blade as usual was doing me proud. However by the time I got to pass 3 I was lulled into a false sense of security and got a little too over confident. The outcome a couple of weepers one reopening a previous days cut and a small new one. It really is a silent ninja with little room for forgiveness but I’m not giving up just yet! I think with a little more care and accuracy on my part and hopefully I should be able to tame the T.

Attachments

• 61C0DF0F-4413-4290-B3F2-7DCA5EE29B75.jpeg
    61C0DF0F-4413-4290-B3F2-7DCA5EE29B75.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
Prep: Shower pears soap and PAA cube.

Soap: Saponificio Varesino stella alpina

Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake Two Band Badger Hair

Only the two little nicks today, both reopened older ones from the last few days cuts! I think I’m getting the hang of it! The soap smelt amazing but it was a little thinner than I’d like. Despite the glue bump the Yaqi gave a great lather. I’m still loving and wary of the Model T!

Attachments

• 7723BDEE-9301-49D3-9C75-B23388066945.jpeg
    7723BDEE-9301-49D3-9C75-B23388066945.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Pre: PAA cube and Baxter’s scrub

Soap: Stirling Ozark

Brush: Yaqi 26mm lucky dice

I may have cracked it! Only one weeper, from a previous cut/spot! The Ozark sample was amazing not a scent I’d normally go for but I’ve yet to find a Stirling soap I don’t like and that has continued today. The shave was on 2 and my 3rd use of the Viking but I feel I’ve tamed the beast. I love the Rockwell so far but I’m pretty sure it would be a once a week razor rather than daily driver as even on this level it’s still more aggressive than any of my other razors.

Attachments

• 5A53F2E9-E98D-4DD9-A7C7-2623242D70C7.jpeg
    5A53F2E9-E98D-4DD9-A7C7-2623242D70C7.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0

Soap: Mike’s vetiver

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Blade: Polsilver

Dialled it down to one and a half today, and finally feel I’ve tamed the beast. It really is a solid piece of kit. Today was smooth and sharp, and didn’t take a layer of skin off me! The Polsilver seemed to work best for me on this low setting and no weepers! I really liked the soap, a totally different smell to what I’m used to. The razor is a great piece of kit and has challenged me all week, but feel I’m just about getting to grips with it!

Attachments

• 8ABAC663-6ACD-4786-93F0-BC870B42C44A.jpeg
    8ABAC663-6ACD-4786-93F0-BC870B42C44A.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 3
Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.
Pre: Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic
Soap: Wickham’s 1912 Magnum.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm lucky dice.
Blade: Polsilver
Back on 1 and a half and a final pass on 1 and finally the beast is back in its box! It was almost a whimpering, soft shave with the Polsilver installed. No weepers! Such a great solid piece of kit!

Attachments

• 70E87AD7-BC23-4D5F-988D-831FB3B9470D.jpeg
    70E87AD7-BC23-4D5F-988D-831FB3B9470D.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 2
Because there was not a lot of interest I agreed on some gear swap so this is no longer available.
Did not have time to update the thread as details being finalised.
@ajc347 PM sent with personal apologies for the dissapointment caused.

Back
Top Bottom