Rockwell Crowdfunding

I signed up to the Rockwell crowdfunding.
As far as I knew I never received the razor, and emails to Rockwell went unanswered.
I emailed again a few months ago, and have discussed the issue on a monthly basis - they take a month to reply. Anyway they did send a razor in late 2018 to a work address that I had left in December 2017. Oh well...

They are useless and I had to wait ages for a reply from them. They blamed Covid but I have sent a few since but got no reply. As much as I like my 6s and hate my model T I’d never buy anything from them again as their customer service is so poor

Good to know.

Some companies are a lot better than others. I had an issue with a Merkur razor once and they sent out a replacement part within a few days of me contacting them. Sent out FOC.

k56H1K9.jpg

Good to know.

Some companies are a lot better than others. I had an issue with a Merkur razor once and they sent out a replacement part within a few days of me contacting them. Sent out FOC.

Had a vintage 1950s Merkur 37c with damaged retaining clip. Emailed them with a picture asking how much a replacement part would be and they replied apologising profusely for the failure and sent a spare part gratis with expedited shipping... I nearly fell off my chair!

Last edited:
Wow that's impressive service for an item that is decades old! Even if a cynic were to say "this guy is a collector, he's probably on several fora, better keep him sweet" or similar, other brands beloved of enthusiasts could learn a thing or two, and honestly, what an amazing response, when hardly anyone would expect free spares for something that old! I love stories like that, restores a bit of faith in the world.

Here is an experience I recently had with Rockwell and I posted it everywhere I could think of:

"Now this is slick. I order a Rockwell 6c on sale for 15% off lowering the price from $50 to $42.50. If I paid full price of $50 I would have gotten free shipping, but with the discount I only spent $42.50 and so I was charged $7.00 shipping for a total of $49.50. In the end Rockwell's big sale saved me .50¢! How generous of them!!

I finally shamed them into refunding the shipping, but I know this happened to many people. They have received the last dime they'll ever get from me.

Back
Top Bottom