Rockwell 6S

I currently have 4 adjustable DE razors.
Merkur Mergress
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Slim
Gillette Black Beauty
The dilemma I have is that I really like the look of the Rockwell 6 series. My question would be should I keep my vintage ones and add the Rockwell 6 series to them. To be fair the Gillette's only get used once every couple of months when I feel the need to do so. Am I silly to want to add a Rockwell 6 series to my arsenal ?
Answers on a postcard please

Yip, the 6S is up there. It's just another razor, SWMBO will not realised if it's used. I changed my motorbikes annually - I always picked silver, 5 month down the line " that sounds different @ 5 in the morning"
Go figure? It's not like a different colour lipstick or anything!
T

Personally Mike @Mike Smart , when using an adjustable I dial the razor into the blade I am using for the way my fissog is feeling, I have to admit though, once I have found the Zeus one day it will be different the next. Rarely between a full adjustment, I run between a 2 n 3 on all blades, rarely a 4 and it is usually "ouch" on a higher setting.
The Rex n Model T allow infinite adjustment if you're that way inclined. Others " do the job"
The Gillette Slim is also up there for me, however, the Rex is King.
The Karve on a C plate just works for me with certain blades so I have Brass and Stainless both are brilliant.
It really is down to preference.
T
YMMV of course.

Last edited:
There's a 6S on eBay for 75£, he's in Canada. Maybe worth a punt?

Iv actually just bought one myself from the Rockwell site. iv got it in Matte black, which is generally out of stock however if you buy it with a kit of soap, brush & blades you get 100 blades free & a blade bank. it also comes in Red & Blue which look quite good for a change. It hasn't arrived yet so can't give you an option but the general consensus is it's a class razor