Rockwell 6c

It's the one I have also and yes it's almost idiot proof it works great

[QUOTE="6CRW, post: 731317, member: 10062"
]It's the one I have also and yes it's almost idiot proof it works great
[/QUOTE]

It's not quite idiot proof. The thread on the Rockwells is Imperial 10/32, like all the Gillettes and the Karve. The widely accepted standard these days is Metric M5. M5 is a slightly larger thread. So M5 handles will fit onto 10/32 heads, as we know - they feel slightly looser as you turn the handle onto the cap but they fit OK. But try and fit a 10/32 handle onto a M5 head and you may have issues, since the fit is tighter. It may not fit at all, or even worse you could strip the thread of the 10/32 handle if it's Zamak. I've seen reports of the thread going on 6C handles and I don't know exactly why, but one possibility is that the owner tried to fit the handle on a M5 head. So no - not idiot proof. Not that we're idiots but not everyone is aware of these thread differences. You can try out the 6C handle on a Gillette head or a Karve, but I wouldn't risk trying it on any of the common M5 systems.

Why anyone would want to design a 10/32 system in a world of M5 thread razors is a mystery to me. Makes no sense. In any case the metric system is so much easier to work with I fail to see why the whole world hasn't converted to it.

Last edited:
Another one who cannot quite understand why not play ball with the rest of the world and use the standard M.5? I know Americans still in the main use nearly extinct measurement units but at least Ikon, Timeless, ATT (or at least I presume) and no doubt a few others have bothered to go metric why not join in?

Then again here we are in the UK and use a right odd ball mix.