Rockwell 6c v Parker variant

Hi all, looking at some point to add an adjustable to my shavers, which way is best Dial or plate as in the title 6c or Variant or are there any other Adjustables to look at?
I have three issues though
1: I am tight & from Yorkshire originally
2: tightness is tempered by only a up to £60 budget
3: limit of Budget is swayed by my lady wife saying 1 face =1 razor, but during an argument she said I was 2 Faced, so I've took this as a green light to purchase another razor
I've got a 6c but just can't get on with it. Starting to think I prefer a lighter short handled razor, I keep reaching for my edwin jagger kelvin over anything else but I'd also like an adjustable, it'd be nice to crank it down a bit on the old neck. When asked what direction the hair on my neck grows in the most honest and accurate answer I can give is "yes"

Hi all, looking at some point to add an adjustable to my shavers, which way is best Dial or plate as in the title 6c or Variant or are there any other Adjustables to look at?
I have three issues though
1: I am tight & from Yorkshire originally
2: tightness is tempered by only a up to £60 budget
3: limit of Budget is swayed by my lady wife saying 1 face =1 razor, but during an argument she said I was 2 Faced, so I've took this as a green light to purchase another razor
Hey mate is this your first adjustable?

If so, you could always test the waters with a cheap adjustable to even see if it's something you may want to spend more of that budget on, like the baby futur for example I got for like over a tenner brand new off the top of my head and honestly it's a cracking razor and I rate it up there with the gillette slim and black beauty and imo it's actually more aggressive obviously YMMV but to me it is anyways but I like aggressive razors too, just putting it out there as a thought that came to mind but bare in mind I'm a head shaver too

This is the razor I'm on about available on Amazon uk (assuming you're from the uk that is)

I'm yet to try out an adjustable razor where you replace the plates but part of me is like the fact that you can just twist the dial with ease, I mean knowing me I'll be like cba switching plates mid head shave but I'm still open to the idea

Merkur futur the original is meant to be aggressive, merkur progress has a lot of fans too

Been wanting to try out the Rockwell 6c/6s, from what I've read it seems that some people can't really tell the difference between the two but some do say that the 6s has a bit of drag feeling to it YMMV

Never tried any parker razors so can't comment tbh, I'm sure they'll be fans of the parker variant but I don't see as much love across the wet shaving forums for the parker variant compared to the rockwell 6c/6s,
well that's just the vibe I get lol

Pearl flexi is another that's a good shout as mentioned by others too as I've seen that razor being shown a lot of love and thought of highly too

Hey mate is this your first adjustable?

If so, you could always test the waters with a cheap adjustable to even see if it's something you may want to spend more of that budget on, like the baby futur for example I got for like over a tenner brand new off the top of my head and honestly it's a cracking razor and I rate it up there with the gillette slim and black beauty and imo it's actually more aggressive obviously YMMV but to me it is anyways but I like aggressive razors too, just putting it out there as a thought that came to mind but bare in mind I'm a head shaver too

This is the razor I'm on about available on Amazon uk (assuming you're from the uk that is)

I'm yet to try out an adjustable razor where you replace the plates but part of me is like the fact that you can just twist the dial with ease, I mean knowing me I'll be like cba switching plates mid head shave but I'm still open to the idea

Merkur futur the original is meant to be aggressive, merkur progress has a lot of fans too

Been wanting to try out the Rockwell 6c/6s, from what I've read it seems that some people can't really tell the difference between the two but some do say that the 6s has a bit of drag feeling to it YMMV

Never tried any parker razors so can't comment tbh, I'm sure they'll be fans of the parker variant but I don't see as much love across the wet shaving forums for the parker variant compared to the rockwell 6c/6s,
well that's just the vibe I get lol

Pearl flexi is another that's a good shout as mentioned by others too as I've seen that razor being shown a lot of love and thought of highly too
saj1985 many thanks for your input, really good info, been thinking about the futur clones, either the one on amazon or the one from the shaving factory on eBay, yes in the UK, but once got 12months off for good behaviour, lived in Turkey and reignited my love of wet shaving, wouldn't let myself with a cut throat as I would end up either painting the bathroom red instead of the town or doing what the razor says 'cut- but adding my to-throat' might either go the clone way but like the 6 C cheers fellah appreciated

saj1985 many thanks for your input, really good info, been thinking about the futur clones, either the one on amazon or the one from the shaving factory on eBay, yes in the UK, but once got 12months off for good behaviour, lived in Turkey and reignited my love of wet shaving, wouldn't let myself with a cut throat as I would end up either painting the bathroom red instead of the town or doing what the razor says 'cut- but adding my to-throat' might either go the clone way but like the 6 C cheers fellah appreciated
Turkey? The home of Arko lol

I also got the qshave futur clone from amazon for like £20 but I think it's cheaper on AliExpress but longer delivery times, it's actually got a nice weight to it but has a fair bit of blade chatter on the higher settings imo, prefer the baby futur which also has nice weight to it YMMV

Also bare in mind that the clone knock offs apparently aren't as aggressive as the real thing, so that's something to consider mate

Back
Top Bottom