Rockwell 6C thread issue

I always apply Vaseline for all my two or three piece razors, either copper, brass, chrome, zamak or stainless steel. Otherwise you’ll have a male and female issue, for those who may have hard water in their suburb.
I have hard water but to be honest, I've never had a threading issue with my razors, the 6C is the only razor I treat with extra care and attention.

I have the 6S and found I have to be careful when screwing the handle on as I feel it would be very easy to mis-thread it and strip the thread so I understand how this could happen. My other razors, no problem but I still love my 6S.

Not heard anything back from Rockwell, I messaged them last week. I loved my 6C but to be honest its concerning that it failed after such a relatively short time, I've had razors 30-40 years old still going strong. I do take care of my equipment, is this a common issue?

Not heard anything back from Rockwell, I messaged them last week. I loved my 6C but to be honest its concerning that it failed after such a relatively short time, I've had razors 30-40 years old still going strong. I do take care of my equipment, is this a common issue?
No, 3 years is no time at all for a razor. Unless you have been tightening the handle up far too tight if, it's a zamak thread then that would wear it out fairly quickly because once the plating gets comprimised the thread rots fairly quickly.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've had a quick look, if I was a gambling man I would say the thread on the head might be to blame, its not rotted as far as I can see but does look like its a bit chewed.

I don't overtighten and I've never wrongly misaligned and tightened this as far as I know, I always make sure its correct before screwing this in. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom