Road To Marriage... Wedding blog

Progress on my road to marriage (ROM)...

ROM Checklist:
yes = done
no = not done

All the 'no's' have to be changed to 'yes' by FEB 1st or I am screwed.

Reception
Outfit (Civil Ceremony)- no
Outfit (Reception) - no

Music
choose First song - no
choose Music after first song - no

Wedding
outfit - YES!
Hire a car(s) - no

Future Bedroom
Choose colour and Paint Walls - YES
Buy a new lamp shade - YES
Candles - YES

Clear out current bedroom and hide embarassing photos - YES
Clear Room for uncle and aunt who are coming over to stay in Jan - no

Honeymoon
choose Destination - yes
Cost/timings - no
planned things to do - no

"Anyone who gets married deserves to be!"

That was the advice that I laughed off years ago...I thought they were only joking! :lol:

Seriously though Sonny, good luck!!

BUT................These arrangements are all well and good however I would have thought that your choice of razor, brush, cream/soap et cetera would have been your most important consideration for the big day...er, and how to fit all of your fellow TSR chums into the Reception of course! ;)

Ahhh... my wedding day... there was an IRA bomb scare on the M6 and surrounding roads, i.e. all my routes to the church where I was getting married. All the roads were closed down. My Best Man knew the backroads and got me there on time... thanks man.

Seriously though, best day of my life, without any question.

You will have it cracked soon!

Could be an interesting thread.

Weddings. I lived in fear of them for years. Came with having three daughters.

The day my first got married I was at the British Open Golf Championship at Royal Lytham & St Annes, A trip planned years in advance. Sandra insisted that she wanted to get married in New York with just a pair of close friends as witnesses. We respected her wishes. And she had a generous wedding gift of cash that she was able make good use of in setting home.

Then Zilla had the full works. Reception at Golf Club with England playing a live world cup qualifier on TV during the meal.

And Anna. We had the reception at home in our garden on 30 July - the anniversary of one of the greatest days in English sporting history. Did I mention I was at Wembley that day?

Weddings. Such memories.

Done a budget and agreed whose paying yet?

Take it for what it is, a public commitment to union and a celebration amongst friends and family.

The best day of your life? With many thousands of shaves ahead of you I certainly hope not.

antdad said:
Take it for what it is, a public commitment to union and a celebration amongst friends and family.

The best day of your life? With many thousands of shaves ahead of you I certainly hope not.

haha. Spoken like a true shaver!

Fido said:
Weddings. I lived in fear of them for years. Came with having three daughters.

And Anna. We had the reception at home in our garden on 30 July - the anniversary of one of the greatest days in English sporting history. Did I mention I was at Wembley that day?

Done a budget and agreed whose paying yet?

No budget as such, but we know who's paying for what. Us = civil + reception. her side = wedding. Major stuff is sorted like venues, catering (my dads a top chef - nothing fazes him). Just small but VITAL stuff left, which is in the first post.

What! 3 Daughters and married? No way! you don't look old. Day I was born John Barnes scored against Brazil. reminds me, I must 'Youtube it' someday as I've never seen it. You were there in '66? Amazing stuff. I watched Rubgy World Cup and Jonnies super kick, and I've been to semi-final against chelsea when L'pool won the European Cup. That's about it.

Blyth Spirit said:
Seriously though Sonny, good luck!!

BUT................These arrangements are all well and good however I would have thought that your choice of razor, brush, cream/soap et cetera would have been your most important consideration for the big day...er, and how to fit all of your fellow TSR chums into the Reception of course! ;)

Thanks! good point. Luckily Andy sent me some swedes and i am eternally grateful to him. I sent him some of my 'special cream' as a thank you..waiting for feedback to see if it was any good for him.

cheese_dave said:
Ahhh... my wedding day... there was an IRA bomb scare on the M6 and surrounding roads, i.e. all my routes to the church where I was getting married. All the roads were closed down. My Best Man knew the backroads and got me there on time... thanks man.

Seriously though, best day of my life, without any question.

Wow. quite a story!

Ok my dad's told me we will go see his printing mate on monday and the invites will be done. Can't believe the cost! Bloody hell! Least I'll be able to turn the 'no' into a 'yes'.

Oh, and before monday morning I have to choose the wall colour. Smallish room. big window covering outside wall so plenty of light coming in. other wall has weird looking cupbaords (maple wood colour, like this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.renrayhealthcare.com/dataproduct/wood_finishes_large/maple.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.renrayhealthcare.com/datapro ... /maple.jpg</a><!-- m -->), which are staying. That leaves 2 walls that can be painted. The one above the bed, and the one opposite the window wall. I suck at this decoration malarchy. Thinking very, very dark blue above bed (natural light hits this wall the most) and then a lighter shade on wall next to it.

What you guys think of this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blog.geoffwhite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/groom-20white-20suit.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.geoffwhite.com/wp-content/u ... 20suit.jpg</a><!-- m -->

pretty slick huh? lol.

Magic suit!

I turned out in black!

Your suit reminds me of the white jacket I was so proud to wear on days when I played for my old school 1st 11 cricket team.

A groom in white looks great. Why should the bride monopolise the colour?

White is a great look but you have to have confidence in your ability to keep it white for more than 30 minutes.

If I were something white it literaly attracts muck and stains..

That's because light fabrics contain more of the positive attracton particles than darker materials, and everyone knows mud, red wine and curry sauce carry a large number of negative attracton particles. I did physics at Uni. Also watch too much Star Trek and BSG.

Top suit though. I got married in burgundy. The colour, not the place in France.

what do you huys think of this:

It's a colour called 'city life'

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/scheme/210727/city-life.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/scheme/210727/city-life.htm</a><!-- m -->

- click on the tab at the bottom that is titled 'contemporary lounge'.

click above the tv so the room 'turns' towards the blue wall.

How about that kinda blue and very light pink/cream/white?

The window is however on the right side of the blue wall in my room, and not left side as it is in the picture. Also, where the tv is, the bed will be. Above the bed will be some lovely wooden shelves. The brown of the wood looks lovely against dark colours. There are only 2 walls with colour; the other 2 are covered with cupbaords and windows respectively.

slightly Different: Colour: Genuine

These are only 2 walls with colour cos the other wall (right side of bed) has a massive window. And the wall facing the pillows on the bed is covered with cupboards.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/colour/457/genuine.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crownpaint.co.uk/colour/457/genuine.htm</a><!-- m -->

The whole house is very light. So, it would be nice for the bedroom to be a little different. I don't like greens. So, blue or browns are the only one's left. Or I could go wild with red lol.

Cheers

Sonny

hunnymonster said:
Blue is cold for a bedroom according to SWMBO here - and she wasn't convinced by my idea that meant we should keep warm in other ways unsuitable for a family audience.

It's a very dark blue in real life. picture on screen makes it look more vivid. Also, it's just one wall. instead of pink for the other wall, i'm thinking a very light cream colour. Luckily, i convinced SWMBO into believing there are other ways to keep warm. lol

sonny said:
It's a very dark blue in real life. picture on screen makes it look more vivid. Also, it's just one wall. instead of pink for the other wall, i'm thinking a very light cream colour. Luckily, i convinced SWMBO into believing there are other ways to keep warm. lol

Well everyone else seems to think that changes once you're in a long term relationship or wedding cake has been served :lol:

An acquaintance of mine used to (endlessly) tell this story... for the first year of your married life, put a pea in a jar every time you have sex (the same jar, not a new one each time. And not during sex, she hated that). Then, every year after that, every time you have sex you take a pea out of the jar. The theory goes, you will never empty the jar...

Back
Top Bottom