RIP Jim Marshall

"The Father of Loud"
marshall-460-100-460-70.jpg

Hopefully the world will sound just as good as ever though!

I met Jim a couple of times at guitar/music shows. Always a gentleman. Would talk to anybody, and was always willing to have a chat and sign stuff.

I have a poster of Jimi Hendrix in front of a wall of Marshall amps signed by Jim in 2002, and it's still up on the wall in my box room.

Ian

Sad, the man took Leo's baseman design and hacked it about until he gave us the jtm45 . Which for me is the ultimate amp. Blues and rock machines.

ebilpirate said:
Sad, the man took Leo's baseman design and hacked it about until he gave us the jtm45 . Which for me is the ultimate amp. Blues and rock machines.

I like the jtm45 a classic. but i live in a 2 bed council house, wife, 3 kids. nag,nag,nag.mind you my gold top would love it. jeff healey time:idea:

I suspect there can be few working British guitarists who've never owned anything he was responsible for - in my case, a couple of 9000 series power amps and a 4x12.

Dr Rick said:
I suspect there can be few working British guitarists who've never owned anything he was responsible for - in my case, a couple of 9000 series power amps and a 4x12.
IF ANY BODY WANTS TO PAY THEIR RESPECTS YOU CAN NOW DO SO. GO TO THE MARSHALL WEB SITE AND POST YOUR MESSAGE OF RESPECT.

John said:
IF ANY BODY WANTS TO PAY THEIR RESPECTS YOU CAN NOW DO SO. GO TO THE MARSHALL WEB SITE AND POST YOUR MESSAGE OF RESPECT.

I assume that you are shouting because you currently have your Marshall's volume set to 11.

Ian

IanM said:
John said:

I assume that you are shouting because you currently have your Marshall's volume set to 11.

Ian

WHAT DID YOU SAY SOME THING.....NO......NO ITS THE POWER CORDS AND THE AMP'S CRANKED UP TO 11 COZ ITS ONE MORE THAN 10:icon_biggrin:

Okay they're not using Marshall's here but The Who developed the stack with them in the 60's Play it loud anyway.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2sWjouB1YA[/video]

antdad said:
Okay they're not using Marshall's here but The Who developed the stack with them in the 60's Play it loud anyway.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2sWjouB1YA[/video]
Jim marshall may have sadly passed on but his name will live on, with rock, and in the millions of his amps that he made . some lucky people have his signiture inside the cab on the early ones because he made them god bless you jim:icon_cry2:

John said:
IanM said:
John said:

Ian

WHAT DID YOU SAY SOME THING.....NO......NO ITS THE POWER CORDS AND THE AMP'S CRANKED UP TO 11 COZ ITS ONE MORE THAN 10:icon_biggrin:

:cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R.I.P. Mr. Marshall

As a teenage rock 'n' roller in the 80s, a Marshall amp really was the default choice - it seemed that all my favourite guitarists used them. I've owned many over the years, from various combos to the obligatory 50 watt head plus 4x12. However, I actually stopped using Marshalls a few years back when I discovered that I much prefer the sound of Vox amps.

RIP Jim. Your amps are legendary. When you need "that extra push over the cliff", and want to go "one louder", it can only be Marshall...

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7IZZXQ89Oc[/video]

Frankieabbott said:
Is it truth or urban myth that he made amps that the volume dial went to 11 after Spinal Tap film was released.

It's true that Marshall made amps that go up to 11 , have one on display in the factory hall of fame .I think they wrere made for the spinal tap film.:icon_cool:

Back
Top Bottom