Rinse, Lather, Shave, Rinse etc...

Hi Guys

What is your normal routine concerning rinse, lather, shave, rinse etc? I tend to do 3 passes and cleanse my face, lather, 1 pass, rinse, re-lather, 2nd pass, then I re-lather without rinsing. The reason I do this is I find by the 3rd rinse the lather can often be a bit sloppy. This is more often the case with creams than with soaps.

I had always thought that it was "written in stone" that you should always rinse before re-lather but I find missing the 3rd rinse works better for me.

Any thoughts on my technique?

Cheers Rousey

Fill sink, and soak bowl and brush, wet face, whip up a little wet lather from my 'sacrificial lather soap' bowl and paint that on, take a dollop of cream from the regular tub, and whip up a decent lather in the bowl, apply lather over the sacrificial lather, 1 pass WTG, relather, 1 pass XTG, relather, 1 pass ATG, relather spots and touch up. Hot rinse with towel, cold rinse with towel, alum block, rinse, dry. Apply ASB. Clean up...

I know the barber on the recent mantic video mentioned that a lather can dry and putting another layer on top of that doesnt work as well ... i kind of think that may be true but the jurys still out for me

My routine follows Henk's remarkably closely, except that I usually face lather. Since I've been messing about with straights the first layer of lather (which isn't really fit for shaving) stays on my face while I strop the razor, much to the amusement of my wife if she catches me at it.

I am just about the same as Henk in my routine as well, the basic construct of a good shave. Sometimes I will vary depending on how much time I have. If I have had a hot shower I will dispense with the towel but more of less the same.

Soak brush and soap – Shower – Shout for someone to bring a dry towel- Splash face with hot water – Lather – Remember to tape Caprica – First pass – Tell kids to keep the noise down – Splash face with hot water – Relather – Did I put the recycling bin out – answer phone that has been passed around bathroom door so wipe off lather – Splash face with hot water and relather – Second pass – quickly run down stairs to get the football updates – Wash off and dry – Apply aftershave – Remind myself to shave when kids have gone to bed, the footballs not on, the bins have been put out and I’ve set the series link up on sky......

RB73 said:
Soak brush and soap – Shower – Shout for someone to bring a dry towel- Splash face with hot water – Lather – Remember to tape Caprica – First pass – Tell kids to keep the noise down – Splash face with hot water – Relather – Did I put the recycling bin out – answer phone that has been passed around bathroom door so wipe off lather – Splash face with hot water and relather – Second pass – quickly run down stairs to get the football updates – Wash off and dry – Apply aftershave – Remind myself to shave when kids have gone to bed, the footballs not on, the bins have been put out and I’ve set the series link up on sky......

Who says men can't multi-task?

Back
Top Bottom