Revisor V Dovo S...

I have a fondness for Revisors, both old and new. They seem - in my opinion, anyway - just as sharp if not sharper than Dovos but smoother too. Only a personal opinion, though.

Regards,
Neil

I´ve had several Revisors and all has been very good. I´m no big fan of Dovos, but I don´t really have enough experience of them to help you out. If I where to buy a new mainstream manufactured straight today, Dovo wouldn´t be my first choice ... or second ... or third ... well, depending on price and what kind of Dovo, maybe third :lol:. With all that said, many say Dovo Specials are nice razors that takes a good edge, but I just don´t know.

I've heard good reports on the Dovo Special and the smoothness of the blade [the particular one in question was honed on a Coticule] though I noticed a link to the Revisor website on a thread in TSR so I had a look as you do and like the look of them. Someone said that these really do come shave ready, as opposed to other brands saying they do but aren't. As I have only owned one decent DE a Merkur HD and have been happy with it's performance [only the latest EJ head has had me interested in another DE] I'm not inclined to go all RAD [nothing wrong with that I say] so I'm after a new straight that will keep me going for some time. So that equals; decent price, build, good blade steel etc. I've narrowed it down to a couple now, number one was the Dovo Special, but now I've seen the Revisors, well; it's a good thing I'm a patient man.Anything else worth mentioning gents?

zig zag said:
I've heard good reports on the Dovo Special and the smoothness of the blade [the particular one in question was honed on a Coticule] though I noticed a link to the Revisor website on a thread in TSR so I had a look as you do and like the look of them. Someone said that these really do come shave ready, as opposed to other brands saying they do but aren't. As I have only owned one decent DE a Merkur HD and have been happy with it's performance [only the latest EJ head has had me interested in another DE] I'm not inclined to go all RAD [nothing wrong with that I say] so I'm after a new straight that will keep me going for some time. So that equals; decent price, build, good blade steel etc. I've narrowed it down to a couple now, number one was the Dovo Special, but now I've seen the Revisors, well; it's a good thing I'm a patient man.Anything else worth mentioning gents?

Yes, one more thing to mention: "vintage" :D In general I would say that the steel in vintage blades are better than new ones. You can get a very good and shaveready vintage razor for around 90 euro (which is what I belive a Dovo Special would cost, approx.).

Back
Top Bottom