Review: Executive Shaving Outlaw Razor

Nav

The Executive Shaving Outlaw razor has reached me. There was a long delay due to logistics issues caused by the lockdown.

There is no packaging for the razor. It's shipped in a cardboard box and the razor is inside the included travel case. I love this approach! It minimises packaging waste and instead gives the perfect solution to travel with the razor.

The razor itself is gorgeous!
It's a high polish finish and looks sleek!
There weren't any obvious machining marks or blemishes.

The handle has very nice knurling. It's quite deep without being too harsh. The diameter fits nicely in the hand and is comfortable and maneuverable.

The head geometry is well thought out to provide high efficiency with a good level of comfort.

From my analysis, the razor achieves this by designing the head to have a bigger blade bend, which I always appreciate as it's one of the most effective designs to reduce blade chatter, which is very important in my view when it comes to DE razors given the paper thin blades being prone to chatter.

The blade gap of 0.72mm may seem mild but the razor is actually fairly efficient.
It may not be a "two pass razor" for me, but that's simply because no razor I've ever used allows me to do less than 4 passes daily.

The blade reveal (amount of blade sticking out beyond the cap) is reasonable. This adds to the efficiency and also gives some blade feel and audio feedback. However, the blade bend prevents any chatter issues, which some other razors suffer from when the blade is not as curved.

Overall, I am very pleased with the Outlaw razor and believe that it's the type of design that would suit the preferences of most users.
It's a very handsome razor, the design is very well thought out and it provides a close and comfortable shave.

20210607_115048~(1).jpg20210607_115058~(1).jpg20210607_115104~(1).jpg20210607_115119~(1).jpg20210607_115204~(1).jpg20210607_115215~(1).jpg20210607_115254~(1).jpg

Great read. Thank you for the write up. I had my eyes on an Outlaw mild for a while but still haven't purchased one due to funds being used up elsewhere. This has awaken the interest and your positive view doesn't help. I'll have to resist the temptation and add it to my next year's wish list.
Enjoy the shaves.

Great read. Thank you for the write up. I had my eyes on an Outlaw mild for a while but still haven't purchased one due to funds being used up elsewhere. This has awaken the interest and your positive view doesn't help. I'll have to resist the temptation and add it to my next year's wish list.
Enjoy the shaves.

Haha
Sorry about that!

The Outlaw is well worth adding to your wish list though!

In 2013 I got the ATT Windsor with H1 and M1 heads, the H1 for my face and M1 for shaving my head, however last year I decided to get the Blackland Vector SE which since getting I stopped using the ATT H1 so gave it to my brother along with its handle, and started using the Vector’s handle with the Windsor M1 head.
Tried using the Vector on my head a couple times but preferred the ATT M1, the slight problem with the M1 head is it clogs up, so I’ve just ordered the ES Outlaw DE razor Mild, should have it in a couple days so it’ll be interesting how it compares to the ATT Windsor M1.

Had the ES Outlaw for a week now and have shaved my head with it 4 times using different blades each time, and also my face twice.
My thought is while it’s the mild version it still gave me a close efficient shave, however even though I was careful shaving my head I did nick the back of it 3 times, which is something I can’t remember ever doing using my ATT M1.

While I nicked the back of my head with the Outlaw, it did give me a very enjoyable face shave.

So I’m going to be using my ATT M1 for head shaving and just use the ES Outlaw for ATG face shaving, WTG face I’ll carry on using my Blackland Vector.

Back
Top Bottom