Req ....an insight on trading

N

n1vlo

guys...i am new here and have searched the forum but no clear answers

suppose...just suppose....i wanted to trade a razor...my progress say for an example....for say another razor...of similar value or whatever

how does a man conduct the trade

would i send my item off to a prospector....or does he send his to me first

i have read many stories on forums where stuff has not been exchanged..trust has got to play a part but would like to know is it feasable or not

many thnx....i bet there is a thread with this answer somewhere...sorry if there is

It is all based on trust.You both agree and make the arrangement through private message.

There's always a first time, but to my knowledge no deliberate deception has happened on this forum. It's impossible to police trade's between members but if it concern's you I suggest you sell it through Paypal first.

There is only one way to feel more secure about trading here and that is to make yourself more known to the group, it is based on trust.

My trading, so far, with the gents on TSR has been A1, but as always with this sort of thing nothing is 100% guaranteed. Nivlo go and check-out the trades and banter between the gents in BST and the like and I'm sure you'll see who's who in the trading world, maybe get a feel for things without having to commit to quick. First and foremost enjoy The Shaving Room and get to know us, all the best Adam.

Im usually nervous of dealing with someone with few posts in the BST area, but some of these people can be quite knowledgeable and very helpful, as i have found.
Usually the people with high post counts and are well known are quite trustworthy, and i have no problems dealing with them.
You should get to know quite a few people on here, who will help you out and do a good deal i have found.

shavemyface.com has a policy where you can only post in the BST part of the forum if you have more than 25 (I think) posts. They also have a Positive Feedback thread. Could we adopt similar here?

nivlo - it's all done on trust, and the only failing I have had is when the post office have failed.

Ian

Doing so may imply some sort of endorsement of the traders by the site - should some disgruntled person decide to take that in a litigious vein, uncle Boab could get stuck with some difficult questions to answer at the very least. Sure he's not going to lose his house over it, neither should he even be at the risk of stiff letters from lawyers.

In my mind, the trading parties need to establish some sort of trust independently of the site. No different to buying from the small-ads in the local paper - except those that are selling stuff have usually been posting for quite a while and building a picture of themselves.

hunnymonster said:
In my mind, the trading parties need to establish some sort of trust independently of the site. No different to buying from the small-ads in the local paper - except those that are selling stuff have usually been posting for quite a while and building a picture of themselves.

i agree

It's all in the disclaimer which I am sure everyone has read :p

Anyone buying here needs to verify the bona fides of the seller to their own satisfaction. All disputes will be exclusively between the buyer & seller - The Shaving Room will only facilitate contact, not mediation. Treat sales here as you would from the small ads in your local newspaper - a one-to-one transaction unless the seller indicates that it's a transaction being carried out through a legitimate business entity

Back
Top Bottom