Regular Proraso vs Proraso Single Blade

For those of you who have tried them, is there a major difference between the regular Proraso creams/croaps (red, blue, white, green) and the newer Proraso Single Blade (wood and spice, azur and lime, etc.)? Am thinking about ordering some but they're big bags so not so bothered if it's essentially the same thing.

Cheers lads!

I'm going to bump this question. I've got the three new scents in pre-shave form and they're really nice. Tempted by the cream but the single blade description suggests the shaving creams may have a slightly different application? Does anyone use this with DE/SE razors? I'm sure I've seen these creams in SOTD photos?

Shaving Station have the 275ml cream bags for £10.49 which seems good value. I say good value, it would still take 50 years to use it up if a bag joined my collection.

Not used them Chris, but generally you want a bid more slickness with a straight , so that can't be a bad thing for a DE I guess. They bill it as their pro range for barbers , anything thats good for that application will be good for DE shaving.

I absolutely love their Cypress & Vetyver balm. Not so excited to purchase that big sack o'cream though. So I would be thankful to those who used this balm for an advice re. a good vetiver shaving soap to go along with the scent profile.

Well, apparently I've solved my own question. I was into Fine soaps and noticed there were actually to vetiver-scented products ('Green' and 'Fresh'). So I've made a long shot and asked Fine Accoutrements directly. Surprisingly, they returned very quickly. Todd himself thinks that 'Green Vetiver' would be a better match to Proraso Cypress & Vetyver balm. So I've ordered a puck right away :)

I absolutely love their Cypress & Vetyver balm. Not so excited to purchase that big sack o'cream though. So I would be thankful to those who used this balm for an advice re. a good vetiver shaving soap to go along with the scent profile.
I also like the pre-shave balms and it's those that have raised my interest in the creams. I enjoy all 3 of their new scents.

Just got the Cypress & Vetyver cream and shaved with it yesterday. To me it's by far the worst scent Proraso has produced. Very cloying, synthetic and heavy, so I'll stick to the original line - and I love Vetyver and woody scents!
Performance is as good as with any Proraso cream though, had a great have yesterday. But that smell.. Will be giving mine away soon.

I have the wood and spice and azure lime, I bought them straight as I started shaving, as the wood and spice was the cream the barber used, when I went to for a first wet shave as a Father’s Day present six months ago. The wood and spice has a strong aroma and I find it warm and comforting, I’d say it’s a 7/10 strength wise, I like it so much I’ve bought the aftershave and will probably get the new preshave too. The lime is nice but very mild in strength 4/10 at best. Both lather very well and are slick. I’m not experienced enough to know the difference between single edge cream or double but they last ages and I still have over half a bag of each.

Last edited:
I use the Wood Spice, it lathers well and I like the spicy scent, matches well for me with Floïd SE MV.
I find the lather easy to mix and it produces great slick lather, I have only used it with my Str8's a few times, I could feel no major difference to the normal stuff as they also lather well.
I like it.
YMMV of course

Removed.

Please wait for BST access before (perhaps accidently) advertising outwith BST.
Start posting in the SOTD section to gain some more posts?

May you enjoy your new shaving soaps as well!
There's also the acquisitions and what are you waiting on, not to mention the random discussions threads. You'll be at the count before you know it.

Back
Top Bottom