Active Reggie's Razors Jupiter Passaround

Final thoughts from p.b.:

I don’t like brass razors (or rather, I don’t like the smell of brass razors and more of that later); I don’t like razors heavier than 100g; I really don’t like 100mm handles and I had found the earlier Reggie’s Titan razor uncomfortable: harsh and it cut me which I didn’t expect as I like the R41 and the Progress on higher settings.

So not a great start.

However, this is a very easy to use, comfortable and beautifully made razor. The handle is a dog: it’s too long and heavy (for me) and ugly, but the head is pretty spot for a mild (for me) razor on at about 6/10 for aggression / efficiency so I need 3 to 4 passes. With other handles I noticed the brass smell isn’t there so I wonder if the smell comes from hand oils on the handle rather than the head itself?

I wish Reggie’s would invest more design in the handles (like Blackland) to make the razors more distinctive and ideally I like something halfway between the Jupiter and the Titan.

Thanks to Boyice and Reggie’s for allowing this pass-around – I’m a fan of this razor: I can get a close shave without any discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom