Red Personna v Wilkinson Sword Stainless (Indian)

I've been working my way through my sample pack of blades and really enjoyed the shaves from the Red Personna's (In both the futur and travel razor). Had a shave with the wilkinson sword blade the other night and that was a nice comfortable shave, they seemed mild like the personna but got a close shave with a couple of passes.

Previously had good shaves with the Derby Blades but the two blades above seemed slightly more comfortable. Still to try my and decide on my 'sharper' blades (Astra, Gillette Sharp Edge, Gillette Super Platinum, Iridium Super & Feathers)but I've decided that I'm going to bulk buy one of these 2 blades, for when I fancy a change or I'm in need of a milder shave.

I still need to have a couple more shaves (including one with travel razor) to get a full comparison as not sure which blade to opt for - I suppose I could buy a few of each!

Just interested on other opinions on these 2 blades.

Cheers

I had 2 really nice shaves with the red personna in the 38R but with a 7 o'clock sharp edge it was a little uncomfortable.
May be due to the 7 o'clock being a little sharp for my technique at the moment.

When I tried them the Wilkinson's were okay, however they seemed to lose their edge fairly quickly for me. Most I was getting was 2 shaves from them & the last couple of passes were kinda rough.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Back
Top Bottom