recommendations for a rose based perfume

Anyone know where it's possible to purchase a sample of this? Sounds like it would be right up my street.

The EdP is a nice balance of notes and has less of the powder-like notes of the regular cologne. I owned the cologne previously but it was only wearable in warmer weather for me. And it is a 'less is more' type of scent. Too many sprays and it goes quite sickly.

As for where to try it, etc. It's an exclusive to C&S direct, so if you want a store, you'll have to find their bricks and mortar store in Pimlico. Otherwise, get in touch with them direct. Superb customer services the few times that I used them. Their newest website (current at the time of writing) is much better than it was as.

The EdP is a nice balance of notes and has less of the powder-like notes of the regular cologne. I owned the cologne previously but it was only wearable in warmer weather for me. And it is a 'less is more' type of scent. Too many sprays and it goes quite sickly.

As for where to try it, etc. It's an exclusive to C&S direct, so if you want a store, you'll have to find their bricks and mortar store in Pimlico. Otherwise, get in touch with them direct. Superb customer services the few times that I used them. Their newest website (current at the time of writing) is much better than it was as.
Thanks for that, I've some samples being sent down by their customer services dept.

I'd like to know as well - did you try the No. 88?

Not sure if you are referring to me, but yes I did and ended up buying the 88 EDP. Absolutely brilliant in every respect.

Also came across another rose based scent which is very spectacular in a completely different way, the Bath House 'White Tea and Rose'. Bought a bottle on special offer the other week but holding on to it until Christmas and a 'me present'. The sample I tried in their shop in York just went on and on and on. Great longevity and a scent which approaches the Rose side of life from a different perspective.

Last edited:
I'd like to know as well - did you try the No. 88?

If this was for me then here is a PM that I sent to Mr
Satanfriendly

“I've placed a small dab of the EdP and the cologne on each wrist.
The EdP is by far the winner. It's a subtle scent but far stronger than the cologne.
The Rose is obviously the prominent scent but it's very complex, one thing that I think I do get in the background is Parma Violet, strangely.
The cologne is hardly noticeable on my other wrist, it's there but my wife couldn't notice it at all.
I like the EdP but Mrs MS says that I have better upstairs.
Would I buy it? I'd love to say yes but there's something missing, I wear a lot of Oud which is very strong so maybe I've gone from one extreme to the other.
When I go out next I'll dab a bit below my ears and see if anyone comments on it.
Im sorry that I can't be of any further help, I'm useless at describing scents”.

I know this is a bit on the pricier side but they sent me a sample of this as I had purchased from them before..

They also do four 2ml samples of your choice for €14

This is a brand that I am quite familiar with and own and wear a lot of their scents. I also got the A La Rose sample and my thoughts were lukewarm if not stone cold. Bit of a designer scent with a premium label. MFK's older and soon to be discontinued Lumiere Noir is streets ahead of this.

This is a brand that I am quite familiar with and own and wear a lot of their scents. I also got the A La Rose sample and my thoughts were lukewarm if not stone cold. Bit of a designer scent with a premium label. MFK's older and soon to be discontinued Lumiere Noir is streets ahead of this.

I suppose it varies from person to person and how it settles on different skins. Personally it is rather down my street and I wouldn't want a much more pronounced rose scent.

The Bath House is strange as it doesn't seen to eminate from the person but more lingers in the air around them. A bit like a walking air scent

I suppose it varies from person to person and how it settles on different skins. Personally it is rather down my street and I wouldn't want a much more pronounced rose scent.

I get a lot of the amberwood molecule, which is quite common in modern woody scents. I am not too keen on this synthetic molecule as you can tell and it comes across as smelling of moth-balls. I would describe it as a silky, faux-wood note. It's actually present in a few of the Acqua di Parma single note scents (those that used to be in the dark brown bottle and are now in black bottles), Tom Ford for Men and the new Dior Homme 2020 version. People who may associate with other scents that contain that molecule are likely to find this new scent quite pleasing.

Don't get me wrong, I think Francis Kurkdjian puts out magnificent scents - I have quite a few of his range and rate them among my most liked and most worn scents. The Lumiere Noir that I mentioned earlier is composed of artemisia, rose, patchouli and spices. The blend is awesome and it lasts well over a working day on my skin but without being over-bearing. The rose is perfectly balanced in this and does not smell 'flowery' at all.

Back
Top Bottom