Reccomendations for a new DE shaver?

Hi guys, Im quite new to DE shaving, and theres just so many traditiponal shavue soaps out there.

Im currently using palmolive cream, which is really nice but Id be loking for something a bit nicer - maybe with a good fragrancve. ( I really like fresh but masculine scets, but also minty and fruity fresh scents)

Whats the deal guys? Any good reccomendations??

Not used any soaps apart from cheap soap sticks which work fine for me like the Palmolive soap stick. Have read about http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/ which may be of interest.

Really down to personal choice. I have an Arlington as my weekend treat and like the smell and lather from this.
Cheers,
Geoff

Minty, or rather menthol-y - Proraso, this is a must have. Fresh but masculine - Speick (both cream and stick), Musgo Real, maybe Razorock XXX (go to John Lewis and see if you like Aqua di Parma Colonia scent first). These are some of the very best performing creams I've tried.

My own "Fruity Fave" is Prof Blighty's glycerine Blueberry. Explodes into a dense, longlasting lather which suits my skin well. Most on here prefer the more conventional soap version I believe.

The Blueberry is scented just like the fruit, however slightly tangier. Balm & A/S to match are available.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Smells are very subjective but we have many good soapmakers on here. As well as the Prof, Nannys soaps are also excellent (I particularly like the hard ones).

Back
Top Bottom