Read this if you have a Krona

Very much worth it. I had my first shave this morning with the Krona and a Crystal blade. The upside: BBS from a 2-pass WTG; downside, noticeable irritation that even my Nivea ASB couldn't quench. I won't be using the Crystals anymore as they don't agree with my face for some reason, but I've got a butt load of Polsilvers, Astras, and Voskhods. Love the Krona, though.

Three days on the Qball/Crystal/red Israeli or whatever and it's back to the Treet Carbon oh now that's feels nice, actually very nice.

Not bad shaves from the Personna blade but the smoothness is not on par with the Treet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ironically, of my three Kronas I sold two this week that I never use. One was a gold plated one. I am trimming the "fat" on my razor collection (again) to a mere handful that I regularly use. At one time I enjoyed having an "arsenal" of razors to draw upon, but I discovered that I had gravitated to only three DE razors for 99% of DE shaving, the Krona, Tech & PAA Prismatic.

Steve, I can get a DFS bordering on BBS with a Krona every time I use it with a good blade & IMO it's superior to the DE89 and its bevy of clones. I was reminded of that today when using my broken Krona with a Platinum Plus Brazilian blade. If I have ever had a better/smoother DE shave then I cannot recall. Those silo door bevels really force one to concentrate on the perfect angle and the payoff is worth it. Simply the greatest TTO ever made. Remember the bevels.

Yeah, it is a great shaver...probably the equal of any razor I have. It's one I'll never part with.

Last week I've done something I rarely do now days called rotation.

Pulled out few of my favourite tools of past, the EJ, The 37c (of course), the 1970 Gillette Super adjustable and Mr Gillette New.

None is smooth as the Krona, the Super Adjustable is close at #4 and the New is more efficient but on average of smoothness plus Efficiency its back to the old daily mr Krona

Try it with Proraso Sandalwood soap its a superb glide.

Last edited: