RazoRock XXX Fresco

I think it was @Bogeyman that posted this on a different forum. There's a new version of mentholated XXX coming out in the same awesome base used by The Dead Sea and SMdF:

I need this in my life. We need a UK supplier to stock this - @Agent Shave will you accept the mission?
Coming into stock today agent!

IMG_20201221_153034.jpg

Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Brush: AP Shave Cashmere
Soap: RazoRock XXX Fresco
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: RazoRock XXX
ASB: Floïd

Only after applying the Floïd did I remember that I have the XXX ASB. I could have used the holy trinity this morning!

So, on to the RazoRock XXX Fresco. The base for this is different to the SMdF and Dead Sea. This base contains tallow and lanolin whereas the original two are a veggie base.

The scent is the usual lovely XXX scent (i.e. a clone of AdP Colonia). It's not a powerhouse, I'd describe it as on the mild side. The scent from the jar is as strong as it gets. The lather quality was excellent with good post shave feel (not an important factor for me but I appreciate some like it). I failed to notice any cooling sensation though. I'll give it another go at some point but the 'Fresco' bit was missed for me.

This has the same ingredients list as the standard XXX but in a different order. This definitely performs better than the original. I'll try and get some pictures of the ingredients and post them here later.

Overall, I'm happy with the soap and will be keeping it in the den.

It turns out that I've been talking bollocks. Not for the first time either! The RazoRock base I quoted as veggie does actually have a tiny bit of lanolin in the ingredients. Here's the three for comparison:

XXX Fresco
IMG_20201222_101334.jpg

XXX Original 'Super Tallow'
IMG_20201222_101312.jpg

Santa Maria del Fiore - Firenze
IMG_20201222_101254.jpg

It turns out that I've been talking bollocks. Not for the first time either! The RazoRock base I quoted as veggie does actually have a tiny bit of lanolin in the ingredients...

ciG2CD3.jpg

Had an excellent lather from this today. Just to be clear though, there's more menthol in my spearmint antacids than there is in this.
I really like this one and have to agree there is barely any menthol in it I’m not a huge fan of menthol so that suits me..doesn’t get much use though as I find others to beat it for slickness especially for straights but still nice for a change sometimes and great value for money, think I will have to give it a run out soon

Right after XXX came put initially they turned 'round and introd a "Duro" version that was harder. I wanted one, but it always sold out quickly and wasn't around long to boot.

Back
Top Bottom