RazoRock SS Lupo Gen. II

Huh?? You lost me on that turn. :unsure:

Some folks in our Government (usually the "born to rule" brigade ... all sides of the house, of course) think that Great Britain is still great and that every man and his dog would not only want to trade with us, but also collect our tax for us. These are the same folks that think the United Kingdom is still united. Bless. Own goal? Football metaphor ... same as shooting yourself in the foot, if you want a gun reference < wink ;)

Damn shame for folks who actually want things from abroad.

... and like watching someone shoot themselves in the foot, there's a certain comedy to it.

I see your point clear as crystal now.

It's too bad there isn't a "no holds barred" political forum here.

It'd be the fastest way to lose friends. It is worth remembering that politicians often favour the "divide and rule" tactic, whereby so long as the people are busy arguing amongst themselves they won't point at the politicians.

I have to say, I am thoroughly confused by the matter ...

I'm awaiting something from China and something from Sweden, both bought before 1st January, but likely caught somewhere in the middle. Both are in the UK, according to tracking. I keep hearing that things might change 1st July, when the EU make some tax changes but that's not going to make a jot of difference for regular folks buying from any other part of the world, I don't think.

It was pointed out earlier, possibly in another thread, maybe even another forum, that the most likely winners here are the already billionaire giants. Regular folks and small business are getting the shaft. That's a bad thing if you don't read my vernacular.

It'll iron itself out ...

We have a few good retailers here in the UK that carry the RazoRock brand and so there's high hopes that it will be worth it for them to source from the European importer. Fingers crossed, fellows. You'll get your new 'rock soon.

That, or we'll default to "where there's a will, there's a way" ...

Remember Polish Postcards?

Good Lord!! I have been reading some of the reviews on other forums and it nevet ceases to amaze me some of the idiots in this hobby!! Several are remarking along the lines that "although a Wolfman is finished nicer..." Well of course it is numbskull!! A Wolfman costs over three times as much & is hand polished!!!

"Alrhough I like my new Ford it doesn't bank on the curves like my Ferrari." :rolleyes:

Well, I couldn't pass up a deal on a once used base plate for the new .72 and then ordered a top cap from Italian Barber. I need no new handle as I already have my perfect handle. If I don't like it I will peddle it and at worst break even I think. I am still looking for a modern SS replacement for the Holy Tech and although I thought at first the Gamechanger .68 was possibly it, now I'm thinking not. :unsure:

Well, I couldn't pass up a deal on a once used base plate for the new .72 and then ordered a top cap from Italian Barber. I need no new handle as I already have my perfect handle. If I don't like it I will peddle it and at worst break even I think. I am still looking for a modern SS replacement for the Holy Tech and although I thought at first the Gamechanger .68 was possibly it, now I'm thinking not. :unsure:
Reviews seen to suggest that both the .72 and .95 are more blade forward than the GC .84. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it - based on what I've read, I'm not sure it will be your Tech replacement. If it's a modern Tech replacement you're after, it's probably got to be the Feather AS - D2?

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Reviews seen to suggest that both the .72 and .95 are more blade forward than the GC .84. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it - based on what I've read, I'm not sure it will be your Tech replacement. If it's a modern Tech replacement you're after, it's probably got to be the Feather AS - D2?

Edit: Typo

I've got one coming over from the US. Hopefully later this week. Will report back when it lands

Got the new Lupo 72 (with a little help from my American friend).

Much easier on the skin than GC.84 with no loss of efficiency and with the distinct blade feel still.
Frankly, I like it a bit more. Esp., looks-wise.

sotd_235.jpg

...Much easier on the skin than GC.84 with no loss of efficiency and with the distinct blade feel still...

Since I have a GC SB .68 (and am good with math :giggle: ) it appears that the Lupo .72 SB falls into the "Goldilocks" zon e for those who want a tad bit closer shave than .68mm gives, but not what appears to be an overly aggressive one such as the .84 provides. I agree as I finally shaved with a Lupo SB .72 and it nestles in nicely betwixt the two. The .72 is indeed a very nice razor. It shaves a lot like a.......................

Lord L6(?) Tech clone IMO as regards strictly aggression. Of course, the SS Lupo handles better and is of far better quality. I however do not assign any "mystical" qualities to artisan razors as regards purely shaving. It is science after all. :whistle:

I think I am going to sell my Lupo .72 and also my Gamechanger .68 SB. I don't like the "nubby" feeling of the former's bar and the latter shaves me no better than a Tech. I am so used to a Tech that it's like second nature for me. I could probably stand on my head in the dark and shave my nutz with a Tech.....................weak handed................while watching TV as I am so familiar with it after so many years. ;) It provides all I really need for a daily driver.

I think I am going to sell my Lupo .72 and also my Gamechanger .68 SB. I don't like the "nubby" feeling of the former's bar and the latter shaves me no better than a Tech. I am so used to a Tech that it's like second nature for me. I could probably stand on my head in the dark and shave my nutz with a Tech.....................weak handed................while watching TV as I am so familiar with it after so many years. ;) It provides all I really need for a daily driver.
What's the nubby feeling you've mentioned? How does it feel in terms of blade feel? Similar to the .68?

Interestingly the .95 and DC are availability through UK vendors now but not the .72.

Back
Top Bottom